30 || Sky Fall

This is the end

Hold your breath and count to ten

Feel the Earth move and then

Hear my heart burst again

For this is the end

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

My eyes slowly open in a dark room and travel to a dripping noise in the corner of the room.

"Ah, Ms. L/N." A thick Russian accent comes from the corner of the room, and I jerk my head to look at the man it came from.

"Who are you? How do you know who I am?" I ask, my voice gravelly.

"You are Tony Stark's assistant, yes? You two seem... very close. You are like a daughter to him, yes?" The man says, coming out of the darkness.

"I..."

"Assistant to the Avengers... they would pay good money for you, yes?"

"Do you end every sentence with yes? Do you think by saying it I'll just pick up on it and say yes, too?" I seethe, and the man chuckles.

"I see why they like you. Ms. L/N, I am a very good man. I do not want to harm you. I just need a little cooperation and we can get you back to your home safe and sound." He says.

"What kind of cooperation?"

"Well, I do not want to give it away."

"Where are we?" I ask, looking around.

"You ask a lot of questions."

"Maybe I'd cooperate if you would answer them." I say, and he sighs.

"We are in a HYDRA facility warehouse in upstate New York."

"And the cooperation?"

"Well, we'd just need you to make a video for Mr. Stark and his Avengers associates. It would not be too bad. Light torture, some blood, and lots of begging. But you can handle it, yes?" I swallow, feeling my heart race with fear as he talks. "I'm waiting for an answer, Ms. L/N."

"What happens if I don't comply?"

"Oh, you do not want to find out. I have many friends on the other side of that door who are very eager to play with you and do things that you... cannot imagine. And you wouldn't want to have to put your mother or your boyfriend through the pain of having to watch that." I sigh, weighing my options.

Get tortured and force Tony and everyone else to pay some insane amount just to get me back, or get tortured and turn into some HYDRA weapon. Bucky might not have told me the details, but I'd heard enough from Nat and everyone else to know how awful that could be.

"The clock is ticking, Y/N." He says, and if I wasn't restrained, I would punch him. I could use my powers to do so, but it doesn't seem like they know I'm Prophet, and I'm not keen on giving them that information.

"What do you want from them? The Avengers?"

"We want the girl they call Prophet." He says, and I swear my heart stops altogether. 

"I'll do it. I'll make your video." I spit. He smiles.

"Very good. I'll be back for you, Y/N." He says, and with that he leaves the room.

I just fall asleep because when I wake up, the room is set up with a camera and I am chained to a different chair.

"Are you ready?" One of the men in the room asks, and I nod. He turns the camera on, and I look at the one from before, who stands directly behind it.

"What am I supposed to say?"

"Tell them what we're doing to you."

"I'm not going to-" I feel a quick swipe on my shoulder and cry out, looking down at the red stream of blood now running down my arm.

"Now do you have something to tell them?" The man says, and I sigh, nodding slowly. I look up at the camera.

"Tony, Steve, everyone..." I swallow. "I'm fine. I'm okay, there's no need to-" I feel a sharp hit to the back of my head and cry out again.

"Keep it up and it'll be worse." The man behind me says. I swallow, looking up at the one who was in the room with me originally, who shows me no sympathy.

"I know, as your assistant, you trained me to be poise in a situation like this. I wish that there was something you can do, but I don't want you to strike back or do something insane.

"They want Prophet. I told them that you would never give her over, and though I don't know her very well, I know she would be willing to give her life for this, but she doesn't need to.

"They won't tell you where I am until you give them Prophet, but I know the decision won't be up to her. Don't let them turn her into some weapon, like Godzilla or something who goes around smashing New York. That's the last thing anyone needs right now.

"In case I don't make it out of here, thank you. For everything. You guys are like a family to me, and I love all of you. Tell my mom I love her, okay?" I say, and my voice breaks on the last word.

"That's enough." The man behind me says, and he turns the video camera off.

"You better hope they hand her over," The man from before comes over to me and crouches in front of me. "Or it will not be a very good time for you, Y/N."

"What are you going to do to her? What are you going to do to Prophet?"

"Oh, are you two friends?" He asks, giving a fake pout. "That's very unfortunate."

"They'll never hand her over." I say, and he laughs.

"Well, that is very unfortunate also." He stands. "Goodbye for now, Y/N. I will let you know your fate shortly."

Everyone leaves the room and I'm alone once again. Why do they want Prophet? Why do they want me? We're they the people who left that note on my doorstep?

My head swims with questions and pain from my shoulder as I pray that Peter and Tony come find me.