29 || Everybody Talks

It started with a whisper

And that was when I kissed her

And then she made my lips hurt

I could hear the chit chat

Take me to your love shack

Mamas always gotta back track

When everybody talks back

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"So you kissed him?" Betty asks, leaning in towards me at our lunch table as I recount the events of my make out session with Peter.

"I- I think so? I don't really remember. I think he kissed me first. It happened so fast." I say, blushing.

"So are you guys official?" MJ asks, a book on her lap.

"I don't know. We haven't really talked about it. We've been a little busy."

"I know! I feel like we haven't seen you in weeks." Betty exclaims.

"We still have, like, five classes together, Betty." I remind her, and she smiles.

"I know, but we used to hang out all the time after school." Betty frowns. "I know! We should have a sleepover."

"Last time we had a sleepover, we almost died." MJ points out.

"You're forgetting how much fun we had watching Clueless later that night." Betty says, and I grin. That's Betty. Always looking at the bright side.

"How about tomorrow? It is Friday today." I suggest.

"You sure you don't have some super secret spy mission you need to go on?" MJ wiggles her eyebrows for emphasis. I roll my eyes.

"No, it'll be fine. I'm training tomorrow but I'll be done by five." I say, and MJ and Betty smile.

"It's a plan." Betty says, standing as the bell rings. "See you guys tomorrow."

•—•—•

"No, Y/N. More precise. Watch. You try. Very good! That's better." Wanda hovers over me as I cut up carrots for the dinner Wanda's preparing.

"I think I can cut up some vegetables, Wanda." I say, and she smiles.

"Good, because I need to go get something. Keep cutting, I'll be right back."

"You've got it," I say, turning back to my chopping board. I cut precisely, humming to myself when Vision enters the kitchen, smiling.

"Hello, Y/N."

"Hey, Vision." I smile at him, watching him sit down at the counter as I continue to chop.

"Helping Wanda with dinner?"

"Since I am eating here tonight, I thought I would help." I say, grabbing the final carrot.

"I'm surprised she's letting you. Wanda can be a little... possessive in the kitchen." He says gently.

"Careful, she might hear you." Wanda says, entering the room. Vision smiles as Wanda places a kiss on his cheek. "Don't distract Y/N. She'll make the carrots too big again."