4 || I'm Going to Be a Teenage Idol

I'll be a teenage idol, just give me a break

I'm gonna be a teenage idol

No matter how long it takes

You can't imagine what it means to me

I'm gonna grab myself a place in history

A teenage idol

That's what I'm gonna be.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

(PETER'S POV)

"Mr. Stark! What are you - why are you - what are you doing here?" I ask, stuttering and stammering like an idiot in front of the one person I don't want to see me look like an idiot. Tony Stark stands outside of my apartment, his face blank. 

"Prophet," He answers simply, letting himself in. I turn around, shutting the door.

"What?"

"Prophet. You know, the girl who flies around doing basically the same thing you do?" Mr. Stark takes a seat on the couch, frowning. He looks around. "Where's May?"

"Uh, she went to the store." I answer, still confused. "I'm sorry, Mr. Stark, can you explain again what's happening here?"

"I need you to find out who Prophet is."

"I know who Prophet is." I answer, and he slides off his thick rimmed sunglasses to make eye contact with me.

"You know her secret identity?" He asks incredulously. I shake my head.

"No, but I know some things about her." Mr. Stark frowns.

"Like what?"

"She can manipulate gravity and sometimes tell the future." He cocks an eyebrow.

"She can tell the future?"

"Subjective future," I elaborate, and he frowns again.

"Explain the gravity manipulation."

"Uh... I'm not exactly sure. Whatever gravity manipulation usually means as a superpower." Mr. Stark thinks about this, standing up. He paces back and forth and I look at him nervously.

"Okay, kid, here's what I'm going to tell you. She is dangerous." My heart pangs like it always does when I'm nervous.

Dangerous?

"What do you mean?"

"Gravity manipulation is way more powerful than she can probably even concept. I mean, it can be used well, and to her advantage, but if she got in the wrong hands..." He shakes his head and I feel even more nervous than before.

"Well, what do you need me to do?"

"I need you to get her to work with me." I laugh quietly at Tony's request and he gives me a deadly look. "What's so funny?"

"She's not going to work with you. She doesn't do that." I explain, and his face hardens.

"Why not?" I shrug.