28 || Saturday Night's Alright

Don't give us none of your aggravation

We had it with your discipline

Saturday night's alright for fighting

Get a little action in

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"No... move your foot. A little better. There we go. You want to be balanced. That's much better. Very good, Y/N." I stand in the training room with my hands extended, watching Wanda walk around me, making sure I'm doing everything right from every angle.

"Like this?"

"Exactly like this." Wanda gives me a reassuring smile and I smile, too, nodding. "Now put your hands together. Feel the energy. Can you make it into a ball? The way we were practicing before."

I nod, closing my eyes. I hold my hands out, focusing on the energy around me. Using my powers to fly or shoot things (or people) is easy, but creating it into a ball and focusing is harder than I expect it to be.

My hands feel warm and I open my eyes, seeing a small blue ball of light in my hands. I grin, looking at Wanda, who smiled back.

"Good job, Y/N! Try to make it bigger." She says, and I close my eyes again, continuing to focus. I feel a weird sensation in my feet and look down, seeing that I am off the floor, hovering slightly with the ball of light in my hands.

I can feel everything around me. I can feel the energy around me, my hands growing warmer and warmer, and my feet lifting higher and higher off the ground.

"I'm doing it! I'm-" My victory falls short as the mission alarm blares, making me lose my focus and tumble to the ground.

"Y/N!" Wanda exclaims, rushing over to me.

"Ouch."

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. What's going on?"

Wanda purses her lips. "We better find out." She helps me up and we run out of the training room, trying to find everyone else.

"Peter, Vision! What's going on?" Wanda asks as we run into them in the hallway.

"We have to go. Mr. Stark found a secret HYDRA base." Peter tells us.

"Where?"

"Three blocks away." Vision says gravely, and I share a surprised look with Wanda.

"We better get going." Peter says, and I nod, following him as he makes his way to Steve, Tony, and Sam, who are already suited up.

"We're leaving in five. You guys better get ready." Tony says, and I nod, grabbing my suit from my bag. I go into the bathroom and change out of my training clothes into my suit and meet everyone by the Quinjet.

"Let's go." Nat says, ushering us onboard.

"Is taking this really necessary? We're not going too far." I ask Wanda as we board.