23 || Wasp Nest

You're cussing up a storm in a cocktail dress your mother wore when she was young

Red sun saint around your neck

A wet martini in a paper cup

You're a wasp nest

You're a wasp nest.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Well, if it isn't Tony Stark." A man I've recognized as Hank Pym stands before us, shaking Tony's hand.

"Hank." He replies casually. "It's good to see you."

"Likewise." His eyes flick around to all of us. "What exactly can I do for you?"

"Have you seen something like this?" Steve asks, dropping a bullet onto the table. It's blue with little black swirls throughout the capsule, and Hank's eyes widen the minute he sees it.

"Where did you get this?" He asks, and the concern in his voice makes me more worried than ever.

"I think the more important question is where did HYDRA get this." Clint says. Hank looks at Hope, who I've learned from Peter doubles as the Wasp and is also dating Scott.

"There's no way HYDRA has the technology to do this." She says. "Right, Dad?" Hank stays quiet.

"I made bullets like that once. For S.H.I.E.L.D. You know, before they screwed me over." He throws Tony a dirty look as he says the last sentence.

"Is it possible when S.H.I.E.L.D. was infiltrated by HYDRA they found it?" Steve asks.

"It's possible. But how many do they have?"

"At least thirty." Wanda answers.

"Maybe not," I say. "At the first encounter in New York, they shot, what, three of those? And here in San Francisco they couldn't have shot more than five. They had many opportunities to do something with those but they didn't. They have to be saving them for a reason. Maybe they have a limited supply." Hank raises an eyebrow.

"Who are you?"

"Oh, I'm Y/N." I say, blinking. "I'm... Prophet."

"She can tell the future," Scott says enthusiastically. I give him an odd look.

"Getting back on track, how many of these things did you make?" Natasha asks.

"Probably twenty or thirty at most. They're not the easiest to make."

"And what exactly are they made of?" Tony shoves his hands into his pockets.

"Surprised you didn't figure it out already, Stark." Hank's words drip with venom that I can tell has  been there for a very long time.

"Yeah, well, I don't really have a lab here. If I did, I could figure it out." Tony snaps.

"Okay, alright, enough of the fighting. Let's just... figure this out." Steve says.

Hank sighs. "I made these a long, long time ago for S.H.I.E.L.D. They're incredibly dangerous, and they're almost impossible to replicate."