39 || Cigarette Daydreams

You can drive all night

Looking for the answers in the pouring rain

You wanna find peace of mind

Looking for the answers

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Hey, Y/N, I'm glad I caught you," Steve says as I get off the elevator.

"Uh... hey, Steve," I say awkwardly. "What can I do you for? Sorry, that was gross, um, what do you need?"

"I wasn't going to ask the other day because you had already done so much but I need your mission report." He answers.

"My mission what?"

"Your mission report. Have you not had to do one of these yet?"

"No..." I trail off as he raises an eyebrow. "You mean those sheets you and Tony are always filling out?"

"Y/N, I've given you at least three mission reports."

"I've never gotten any of them." I reply innocently, because it's the truth.

"Well, I gave the first to Nat and the other two to Peter to give to you- never mind, I just figured it out." Steve shakes his head, laughing a little. I grin.

"I don't mind filling it out, but I really need to talk to Tony." I say anxiously, looking in the direction of his office.

"Is everything okay?" Steve asks, concerned.

"Oh, yeah, everything's fine," I reply quickly. "I just needed to ask him something. Not that important..."

"Well, he's not here right now, but I'm sure he'll be here soon." Steve says. "Now, for the mission report." He rifles through a stack of papers next to him and pulls one out from the middle before passing it to me.

"This doesn't seem too hard to fill out," I say, looking it over.

"It shouldn't be." Steve answers.

"What's going on here?" Tony asks, a shopping bag in his hand.

"Hey, Tony, can I talk to you?" I ask, standing up quickly.

"Uh, yeah, is everything alright, kid?" He asks, looking at me seriously.

"Yeah, I just- um-" I look at Steve who looks back at me. "Maybe we should do this somewhere more private." Tony nods, still confused. "Steve, I'll get this mission report done for you, I promise." Steve nods.

Tony and I walk towards his lab. "Are you gonna tell me what's up, kid, or-"

"I want to find out where my powers come from." I say, cutting him off.

"What?" He asks.

"Wanda mentioned that you might be able to find out where my powers come from. You and Bruce. And maybe those powers could lead me to my dad, or just tell me why I'm like this."

"You sure you want to do this?" Tony asks. I nod.

"I'm sure." I reply, my voice unwavering. Tony sighs.

"Okay. Come back tomorrow and we'll figure everything out with Bruce." Tony says.

"Thank you." I say. "Thank you so much. I'll come by after school."

"Sure, kid. I'll see you tomorrow."

•—•—•

"So he said he was going to help you?" I lay on my bed, my phone pressed to my ear as I talk to Peter.