34 || You Make Me Feel Like Dancing

You make me feel like dancing

I'm gonna dance the night away

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Y/N and I are in position," Peter says, and though he's looking at me, I know he's talking to Natasha and Bucky.

"So are we." Natasha replies. "Just dance, walk around, whatever. Don't act suspicious." I smile at Peter.

"Of course not," I say. Peter extends his hand a little awkwardly.

"Would you like to dance, Anneliese?"

"I would love to, Hans," I reply, and Peter and I share a small laugh, trying not to draw attention to ourselves. Peter takes my hand and we make our way to the dance floor.

We dance around sort of awkwardly for a moment, but I enjoy Peter's company, and in the midst of every other couple here, we barely stick out. I'm the same height as Peter in my heels, which is weird.

A flash of red hair zooms by us and I watch, wide eyed and open mouthed, as Bucky and Natasha command the dance floor.

"So much for being under the radar." Peter scoffs.

"What is going on right now?" I ask, watching them make their way across the dance floor with enough elegance to support the Queen's tea party.

"She trained as a ballet dancer. You know that, right?" Peter looks at me quickly before pasting his eyes back on the couple.

"I didn't." I say, blinking. "There must be a lot I don't know."

"Hey, love birds. This distraction isn't going to last long." Natasha says through our comms.

"Right. Sorry." I apologize, and share a nod with Peter. We slowly back away out of the ballroom.

"Where are we going?" Peter asks as we make our way carefully down a long hallway.

"How should I know?" I ask. I trip in my heels, and Peter catches me before I stumble too much. "Thanks."

"Any time." We continue running.

"Clint, Sam, some help please?" I ask as we turn down another hallway.

"Keep going down that hallway and then take a left." Sam instructs.

"Got it. Left." I repeat, and trip once more. I sigh, stopping.

"Y/N, what are you doing?"

"Taking off these shoes!" I exclaim, hopping on one foot as I pull the high heels off. Peter laughs.

"You're ridiculous." He says, grinning.

"Come on, let's go!" I grab his hand and pull him down the hallway.

"Where now?" Peter asks.

"Another left. You're close to the heat signature we're picking up." Sam says.

"Wait, heat signature? I thought we were looking for weapons."

"Right, but those blue tanks you found last time were on burners. Why else would there be a heat signature like this?" Clint says.

"Good point." I say, looking around at the hallway.

"Hey!" A voice calls, and my eyes widen. Peter and I freeze. "Turn around." The voice says, and we do so. "What are you two doing here? There is no one allowed on this side of the building."