11 || Talking In Your Sleep

I hear the secrets that you keep

When you're talking in your sleep.

I hear the secrets that you keep

When you're talking in your sleep.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

(Peter's POV)

"A weapon?"

"Yeah." I fidget around with my hand, my head down in shame despite the fact I know Mr. Stark can't see me. He sighs through the other side of the phone.

"What kind of weapon, kid?"

"I don't know! It looked like a regular weapon, I thought it was just a gun or something. But then it blew me backwards, and it had this blue and black powder come out of it, like this insane blue color, and it had... hard stuff in it? Like shrapnel? I don't know, it all happened so fast."

"Did you get the weapon?"

"No. The guy got away."

"You let a man with highly dangerous weaponry get away?!?!" Mr. Stark shouts, and I have to cover my ears because of how loud it is.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Stark! We tried, we really tried, but-"

"'We' tried? Who is 'we?'" He asks, and I sigh.

"Prophet." I answer.

"Prophet was there."

"Mhm."

"So it was two against one. That's what you're telling me."

"...Yes, but-"

"Kid, I expect better from you! You let a man with a dangerous unknown weapon get away?"

"I'm really sorry, Mr. Stark! I didn't know what to do and it completely took me by surprise, but I tried to get it! Yeah, he got away, but we were able to get the civilians out of the way. No one got hurt. I'm really, really sorry, Mr. Stark." I say.

"It's... it's fine, kid, just- I need to go, I have to take care of this." Before I have the chance to say goodbye, he hangs up the phone.

I sigh, dropping my head into my hands. Mr. Stark is right - I really screwed up. But I'm going to fix it. I have to fix it.

•—•—•

"Hey, Peter, what's-"

"I did something really, really bad, Ned." I interrupt as he meets me in front of the building.

"How bad is bad?"

"Like... let a guy with a weird weapon get away. And Mr. Stark is not happy with me." I huff as we make our way inside.

"Oh yeah," Ned says. "I saw that on the news yesterday! I meant to ask you about it. Wait, what kind of weapon?"

"I'm not really sure. It was like a gun but blue and black powder came out of it." I explain, and Ned's eyes widen.

"Woah," He says. "Did you talk to Prophet?"

"Yeah, I..." I trail off, seeing Y/N sporting a nasty cut on her face... in the exact same position that Prophet got cut by the weapon.

"What? What's wrong?" Ned asks, noticing my distracted expression.

"Just... nothing. Uh, give me one second..." I run over to Betty and Y/N, clutching my books in my hands.

"Hey, Peter, what's up?" Betty asks as she shuts her locker. I stare at the cut on Y/N's face, and she blushes, clearly noticing.

"Nothing, I just... saw a cut on Y/N's face and wanted to see if she was okay." I tell Betty, before turning back to Y/N. "...Are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine," She assures me, waving her hand like she's waving off the question. "I just..." She trails off, looking at Betty.

"MJ roped Y/N and I into going skateboarding and obviously didn't go that well." Betty says, and Y/N smiles.

Maybe I was wrong.

"Oh," I say, nodding. "Oh, well that's good. I'm, uh, glad you're okay." She smiles.

"Thanks, Peter."

"No problem, Y/N. See you in chem," I turn back to a very confused Ned.

"What was that about?" He asks.

"Remember that weapon thing I told you about?"

"Yeah, we had that conversation two minutes ago."

"Right. Well, when we were fighting the guy, Prophet got a cut on her face from the weapon, and it looks just like the one Y/N has." Ned looks at me, wide eyed.

"You don't think..."

"She could be."

"Holy crap," He marvels. "Y/N is Prophet!"

(This is such a short part omg but I wasn't sure how to make it any longer so :) Sorry for not updating in so long! i will be back to my regular schedule of posting now!)