26 || Dance, Baby!

Dance with me, baby

Dance with me, baby let's get lost right here

Dance with me, baby

Dance with me, babe under the chandelier

Dance with me, baby

Dance with me, baby

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Are you almost ready, Mom? Peter's gonna be here soon." I call, fixing the last of my makeup. I place an extra layer of lip gloss on just in case and study myself in the mirror.

Not to be narcissistic or anything, but I look great.

My dress is gorgeous - my mom made it herself, working on it tirelessly ever since I told her about the date. It's an a-line halter dress made out of a dark green satin material and comes down to my knees.

(A/N: If you don't like the dress, you are welcome to change it to anything you'd like! This was just a base idea :) Happy reading!)

I curled my hair and put it into a half up half down style. I kept my makeup light, too, not wanting to scare Peter off.

The doorbell rings and I sit up straighter, nerves shooting up and down my spine.

"I'll get it!" My mom exclaims, and I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. I bent down, adjusting the straps on my heels before grabbing my purse and opening my bedroom door.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Ms. L/N, especially since Y/N talks a lot about you..." Peter trails off, looking in my direction as I come down the hall. I smile softly, keeping the eye contact as I approach.

"Hi." I say, feeling oddly embarrassed.

"Hi. You look... amazing." He says, looking me up and down. I blush. "Oh, um, this is for you." He hands me a box with a corsage in it and I open it delicately, letting Peter place it on my wrist.

"Thank you."

"Yeah, of course." Peter and I suddenly both seem aware that my mother is standing five feet away from us. I clear my throat.

"Um, we should probably go now, Mom. We're supposed to meet Betty and Ned outside."

"Oh, right. Let's just get one photo." Mom pulls out her phone and I give Peter a knowing smile as he pulls me closer for the picture. I smile brightly as she snaps the photo, and pull away a little too slowly as Peter and I walk to the door.

"So, Peter, you do this Stark Internship too, right?" My mom asks as Peter and I climb into the backseat of our car.

"Yes, I do. It's a lot of fun." Peter answers politely.

"Peter's been doing it longer than I have, though." I add.

"Well that doesn't mean I do my job better." He replies, and I raise an eyebrow.

"Who said that you do you job better? I've saved-" I cut off, remembering the present company. "I've saved over thirty five files for Mr. Stark and they were big files, too. Files from all over the country."