8: Treasure

On the little boat you ast next to Will, behind Jack. Will then spoke up, "What code is Gibbs to keep to if the worst should happen?"

"Pirates code," answered Jack, "Any man who falls behind, is left behind."

"No heroes amongst thieves ey?"

"Well, the wouldn't be thieves then," you replied. You rowed on for some time.

"You know, for having such a bleak outlook on pirates, you're well on your way to becoming one."

"How?" you questioned. This was interesting news for you.

"Sprung a man from jail, commandeered a ship of the fleet, sailed with a buccaneer crew out of tortuga." He paused. "And you're completely obsessed with treasure."

You nodded acceptingly but Will said, "That's not true, I am not obsessed with treasure."

You all walked over to a hole in a rock. "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." And you caught on. Elizabeth. You watched as the pirates performed some ritual. Silly in your eyes.

"We have to help her," you said, and Will started to move towards her.

"Not yet." Jack held us down. "We wait for the opportune moment." He walked away.

"When is that?" asked Will. "When it's of greatest profit to you?"

Jack turned around and faced us "May I ask you something? Have I ever given you reason not to trust me?"

"No," You answered.

"Alright then, do us a favor. I know it's difficult for you, but please stay here and try not to do anything stupid." He walked away.

You and Will looked at each other nodded. Jack wasn't the most trust worthy person, and he was incredibly selfish. You took the paddles and creeped up behind Jack. He was so focused on Barbossa that you easily knocked him out.

"Sorry Jack," you whispered.

"I'm not going to be your leverage," finished Will.

"I'm proud of you!" Will smiled like the little boy he was. You moved the hair from Jacks face and walked away.

There was commotion but there was no time to focus on them, Elizabeth was a priority. You watched Barbossa slap Elizabeth and she fell. Her feisty words must've been the reason, her words could bite. You bubbled with anger but forced myself to focus on the task at hand.

You dove into the water and swam up to Elizabeth. Her eyes were closed. You silently woke her up by placing a hand over her mouth and nose. Her eyes snapped open but her fear melted away when she say you. Will smiled at her and, taking the medallion, you led her to the boat.

You rushed out and reached the Interceptor. Once there Mr. Gibbs asked "Hey boy, where be Jack."

You sighed and Elizabeth turned to Will. "Jack? Jack Sparrow?"

"He fell behind." you said slowly. The group went quiet.

"Keep to the code," said Mr. Gibbs. And you all did. You felt something inside of you grow. Regret? Guilt? Whatever it was, you didn't like it.