25: The sacrifice

Elizabeth ran up beside you. She wanted to stop you. Hell no. The three of you took out your swords. You turned and saw Jack running behind James and Will on a wheel. Then you turned to see the Dutchman crew. The four of you ran, Ragetti and Pintel carrying the chest. They dropped it. Godammit.

You held out your sword and started fighting the crew. They focused on the other three so you took the chest and ran for it. They'll probably be fine.

You ran swiftly through the endless green and spotted Jack. You stopped, dead in your tracks. He ran over and showed me the key.

"Jack." You took out your sword.

"Y/N please." Jack didn't take out his sword, he held out his hand. You had a second to decide. And you did. You handed him the chest. He opened it and took the heart and your hand and ran, leaving the chest closed.

You both made it to the shore, where the boat is. You spotted the jar of dirt and handed it to him. He quickly stuffed the heart in there.

You dodged a sword. Jack kept fighting the sea person and you noticed the rest coming towards you. The idiot duo fought with the chest and Elizabeth had two swords. Then you saw the wheel with James and Will.

James ran over to you and the boat. He noticed the dirt around the jar. "James.." He went for the jar and you took out your sword.

"Y/N! I have to."

"We could all die! The Kraken is after Jack and therefore his ship. I will be on that ship," you replied.

"Come with me."

You paused. Will and Elizabeth are clever. They'll figure it out. Jack... He was unlikely to make it. But why do you care for a selfish pirate? "What's your plan?"

He took out the heart and pocketed it. "We will run away with it, make them think we don't have the heart. I will get my life back with you." He tensed. "Y/N... will you marry me?"

You had been through a lot together. You always thought that Elizabeth or Will were your best friends. But they were more like siblings. Your best friend stood before you asking you for your hand in marriage. "Yes."

He smiled and kissed you. Then you focused on the Dutchman crew before you. You fought side by side with James. Then you had an idea. Take the empty chest. James seemed to notice at the same moment. It would look like a sacrifice.

He took the chest and told them to leave him. Jack had taken your hand and was pulling you into the boat. "Y/N?" he was confused.

"Sorry Jack." You felt suddenly guilty and ran away with James. After some time you tripped him so that the crew would catch up. They thought they had you. But you just handed them the empty chest and ran away with James once more. 

_ _ _

A ship found you, you were picked up with James. Mr. Mercer met you at the docks, you had some small talk, he was a normal man. Who murdered people. You were to be presented to Lord Beckett. You didn't like the man but for now your life and James' depended on him.

Mr. Mercer asked us to wait outside. You could hear them.

"The last of our ships returned," began Mr. Mercer.

"Is there any news on the chest?" asked Lord Beckett.

"None. But one of the ships did pick up a man and a woman adrift at sea. She had these." He was showing him the letters.

You and James walked in as the Lord opened the letter. James said, "I took the liberty of filling in my name. She will need to be pardoned as well"

The Lord motioned for us. "If you intend to claim these then you must have something to trade. Do you have the compass?"

You smiled. "Better." James handed him the heart. "The heart of Davy Jones."

The Lord looked shocked. 

END OF SECOND MOVIE