35: Epilogue

You sailed the world with Jack and the crew. You solved riddles and puzzles and uncovered the unknown. You fought other pirates and never surrendered to navy officers.

It took some time to adjust to seeing Will and Elizabeth rarely. You thought back to when you were in the same community and saw them both every day. The governor and his voice was always nagging you in the back of your head. You thought of James whenever you opened Davy Jones' locket and Jack was there on the rare occasion you cried.

You visited Elizabeth and Will's son, Henry, a few times a year. Henry was clever, just like his parents, and you fed into that. You told him stories and he would always stare, wide-eyed in amazement. Elizabeth had a good life and never stopped being the Elizabeth you knew, she was still witty and lovable.

Will captained the dutchman well and you saw him from time to time. He enjoyed his time with his father. You had forgiven Bill, the poor man was out of his mind, but never forgot what he did. You could never look him in the eye.

You and Jack complimented each other, you evened each other out, and because of this you ended up racking up a fleet. You commandeered four ships and were respected wherever you went. You and Jack traded trinkets. He gave you his compass and you gave him the locket. You warned him that if he lost your locket, you would kill him. He laughed and you laughed with him.

Jack's compass never pointed to anything but you. You spent years believing it would fade. Jack eventually convinced you and you finally decided that perhaps you could give it a shot. Mr. Gibbs officiated your wedding. You cried when Mr. Gibbs died.

Your fiery spirit never died out. You were Y/N and remained so until the day you died. Whether it was Adney, Norrington, or Sparrow, you were the same person and evolved into a better version of yourself.

You chased the horizon all your life alongside your friends and you smiled, widely as ever, when you finally caught it.