20: Three Days

The rain was pouring. There was a ship wreckage. Will looked at you, confused. Please tell me he doesnt think that's the Dutchman.

"That's the Flying Dutchman?" He asked. "She doesn't look like much"

"Well, neither do you," you replied. "That-"

Jack came up from behind you and covered your mouth. "-is a very bad thing to do. To underestimate her."

"So, what, I row over, search the ship until I find your bloody key?" asked Will. Jack wouldn't let you talk.

"And if there are crewmen?"

"I cut down anyone in my path."

"I like it. Simple, easy to remember."

He walked away and into a boat. Jack then called out, "If you do happen to get captured, just say Jack Sparrow sent you to settle his debt. It might save your life."

You struggled against Jack but he didn't let go until Will was out of earshot.

"Douse the lamps," said Jack. Will was stupid. Completely and unbelievably so.

"Jack why-"

"He might be willing to bargain with Will but not with me if I just show up."

"He might get killed."

"We're hoping for the best." He picked you up and walked you away. You were anxious and in no mood to deal with him so you released yourself from his grasp. You sat down on the stairs to anxiously wait for the outcome of Jack's little plan.

Jack eyed you nervously, not knowing what to do. He offered you some rum. You drank some and said, "We could've handled this differently." He opened his mouth to say something but you talked again. "But I understand. He'll probably be fine. I'm frustrated that you didn't let me in on it."

He let out a laugh of relief. He sat down two steps up and you laid back into his legs. He played with your hair for a bit and then got back up again. You did too. You looked out onto the ship wreckage.

That's when Davy Jones and his crew appeared on the Pearl. The crew stepped back, all but you and Jack. You both faced Davy Jones, who said to Jack, "You have a debt to pay. You've been captain of the Black Pearl for 13 years. That was our agreement."

Davy Jones stepped towards Jack and Jack stepped back. "Technically, I was only captain for two years, then I was viciously mutanied upon."

"Then you were a poor captain, but a captain nonetheless," countered Davy Jones. Fair point. "Have you not introduced yourself all these years as captain Jack Sparrow."

The Dutchman crew laughed.

"You have my payment. One soul to serve on your ship." You glared at Jack. "Hes already over there."

"One soul is not equal to another," said Davy Jones.

"Will's is obviously worth more," you mumbled.

"Aha!" replied Jack. "So we established that my proposal is sound in principle. Now were just haggling over price." He smiled and you frowned.

"Price?" asked Davy Jones, a little innocently.

You walked up to him. "Just how many souls do you think his is worth?"

"One hundred souls," he replied. One hundred. The number of Jack's 'cargo'. "Three days."

"You're a diamond, mate," Jack kissed your cheek. "Send me back the boy, I'll get started right off."

"I keep the boy. A good-faith payment." You tensed. "That leaves you only 99 more to go."

"If we bring 100, do we take him back?" you asked hopefully.

"We'll see." He turned around.

"And did I happen to mention," intervened Jack. "he's in love? With a girl. Due to be married." Jack walked around a seemingly softer Davy Jones. "Betrothed. Dividing him from her and her from him would only be half as cruel as actually allowing them to be joined in holy matrimony, eh?"

"I keep the boy. Ninety-nine souls." Davy Jones composed himself. "But I wonder, Sparrow, can you live with this? Can you condemn an innocent man, a friend, to a lifetime of servitude in your name while you roam free?"

Jack thought about it, as did you. He looked at you and you nodded. "Yep, I'm good with it shall we seal in blood? I mean, ink."

Davy Jones took Jack's hand with a slimy tentacle, making Jack gasp. "Three days."

They began retreating and Davy Jones stopped in front of you. His eyes were on the line of hate and pity, where regret and desire meet. He nodded his head and you did the same in return.

Once they were gone, Jack called for Mr. Gibbs, informing him that the souls would be collected in Tortuga. He looked at you and at his hand.

"Jack no," you yelled and ran away, Jack behind you trying to touch you with the slimy hand.