14: Execution?

The drums were steady. They matched the mood of Jack's execution. "Jack Sparrow," began the man. It's captain. "You have been charged with,"

He went on and on. You were with Will, he planned to help him escape and you thought it fair. You hid in the crowd, although Wills outfit, which he insisted upon, made him stand out.

You saw the blue and yellow parrot land and poop on an officer. God, it was harder to stay serious during serious events. That was your cue, though. Action.

You walked up to Elizabeth, the Governor and Norrington. "Governor Swann," began Will, "Commodore, Elizabeth. I should've told you, every day, from the moment I met you. I love you" Finally.

The governor was taken aback and the Commodore looked at me, a hint of a smile emerged. You walked away.

You and Will came to the conclusion that if Elizabeth was the one to end the engagement, the governor would abide.

The rope was tied around Jack's neck. Time to hurry. You pushed through the crowd. "Move!"

Will threw his sword which stuck to the wood below, allowing Jack to stand on it. You quickly helped him up while Will held back the executioner. You ran with Will holding a rope, Jack at the other end.

You ran side by side, fighting, until you reached the edge. We were surrounded. Will's hat's feather was in your face. I told you not to wear that. 

"I thought we might endure some manner of ill-conceived escape attempt," began Norrington, turning to you. " but not from you."

"On our return to Port Royal, I granted you clemency, and this is how you thank me?" said the Governor. "By throwing in your lot, with him? He's a pirate."

"And a good man," You said. You and Will lowered your swords.

"If all I have achieved here is that the hangman will earn two pairs of boots instead of one, so be it," said Will. "At least my conscience will be clear."

"You forget your place, Turner," reminded Norrington.

"It's right here, between you and Jack."

"As is mine," you said.

"And mine." Elizabeth walked in front of you and took Will's hand. Jack tried taking yours but you slapped him away.

"Lower your weapons," said the Governor. They didn't. "For goodness sake, put them down!"

They did. "So this is where your heart truly lies, then?" James asked Elizabeth. You could hear the rise of excitement in his voice.

"It is," answered Elizabeth.

"Well, I'm actually feeling rather good about this," intervened Jack. He walked up to the Governor. "I think we've all arrived at a very special place." You pulled him away. "Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically." He was going to say something to Norrington but decided against it.

He walked over to Elizabeth. "Elizabeth, it would never have worked between us, darling."  You scoffed. "I'm sorry."

"Will," he continued, "nice hat." Will looked at you proudly and you rolled your eyes. "And Y/N." He tilted his head. "We'll see."

With that he walked away backwards and fell into the water after trying to say something you didn't quite catch. You watched him fall like a rag doll and then watched the Black Pearl arrive. A smile reached your face.

"What's your plan of action," you asked Norrington teasingly. He smiled but was actually conflicted.

"Perhaps, on the rare occasion, pursuing the right course demands an act of piracy. Piracy itself can be the right course?" said the Governor.

You smiled and took his hand. "Mr. Turner," he said, and walked towards him with me. He took out his sword. "This is a beautiful sword. I would expect the man who made it to show the same care and devotion in every aspect of his life."

"Thank you," replied Will.

You led Norrington away with a giddy grin on your face when someone called out, "What about Sparrow?"

"We can afford to give him one days head start," Norrington called back, without stopping.

You reached a beach nearby with James. "Whatever shall we do now?"

"First things first," he said, picking you up bridal style. "Will the fair Y/N Adney marry me?"

"As long as the fair James Norrington will take me." He smiled and kissed you passionately as all the worry melted away from your soul. 

END OF FIRST MOVIE