The Last Part of the Quest to Explain

Reyna's Pov

When the conch horn signaled that it was time for dinner all eighteen of us got up and headed to the dining pavilion. We got dinner and burned some for our godly parents. I said a little prayer to my mother Bellona when I put my food in the fire. All of us then headed back to the picnic tables and we sat down to eat dinner.

After about thirty minutes of eating and talking, Chiron walked up to the front of the pavilion. All of the campers conversations hushed and they turned to their mentor. He nodded in our direction and Jason nodded back, then he stood up from his seat and cleared his throat.

"Piper, Annabeth and I infiltrated Odysseus' Palace in Ithaca using Hazel's magic, where a gathering of evil spirits or suitors was occurring. Me, disguised as an old beggar man named Iros, was called out by Antinous who questioned why Iros was there. I covered myself by stating that I was still running messages for the suitors and attempted to get more information out of Antinous. Eurymachus, a ghost, accidentally gave away information about how Gaea was stopping the demigods from getting to the Acropolis. Eurymachus was stopped short by Antinous and was destroyed. Antinous told me that Apollo no longer had control of Delphi and that Victory was running rampant, so there was no way the demigods would win. Michael Varus, the previous Praetor of Camp Jupiter who lost the Twelfth Legion's eagle in Alaska went up to me and told me that I could not leave since someone had come to see me. My mother, Beryl Grace, appeared to me as a ghost. My mother attempted to convince me that Jupiter made her leave me at the Wolf House and that she had no choice. She unsuccessfully tried to get me to fight for Gaea, who let her out from the Underworld, and then disappeared as a spirit of insanity or mania. Since the disguise around me was broken, all the monsters and ghosts attacked. As the fight went on, I was stabbed by Michael with an Imperial Gold gladius below my rib cage. Piper rushed over, defeated the ghost of Michael and tended to my wounds. Annabeth ran to signal Leo and asked Frank to fly down and collect me. Suddenly, a crack appeared in the stone and Juno appeared to tell us that we needed to find the goddess of victory in Olympia because she was out of control and then we needed to find the twins, Artemis and Apollo who were hiding from Jupiter. Juno disappeared before her husband Jupiter found her, and then I fainted." Jason said, a look of pain on his face from remembering his wound.

"Meanwhile, Nico, Coach Hedge and I were falling from the sky with the Athena Parthenos above the volcano, Mount Vesuvius after shadow traveling. Nico was too exhausted to shadow travel again, so I helped by lending him some of my strength, which is a power of the children of Bellona. We shadow traveled one more time to Pompeii, where we laid camp for the night since Nico was unable to travel anymore. Coach Hedge took first watch as Nico and I went to sleep. I dreamed of a giant following them. Then my dreams took me to where Octavian was with the legion outside of Camp Half-Blood. Octavian personally took on the highest title, Pontifex Maximus, which no demigod has ever done. His fellow centurion, Mike Kahale, and the legion's eagle bearer Jacob were beside him, listening to Octavian reinstate Bryce Lawrence, a legacy of Orcus, who was banished from the camp for killing a centurion and other horrific crimes. Octavian had added two dozen different murderers, thieves, and traitors into the legion since I had been gone, which made Mike upset. Mike disagreed with Octavian attacking Camp Half-Blood against my orders, but Octavian was convinced that once the Greeks were eliminated the war would be over and that he would be remembered as the savior of the Romans. Mike questioned if Octavian's gift of prophecy had returned, to which Octavian defensively retaliates against. Coach Hedge woke me up since tourists had come to visit the frozen citizens of Pompeii, but luckily the mist surrounding the Athena Parthenos was strong and was able to ward off the tourists. By sunset, Nico woke up and I told him about my dreams. Nico believed the dream was about a giant and to avoid it at all costs, but Coach and I believed that fighting would be the best option. Nico considered asking Thalia for advice, but was weary to do so. I decided that I would contact my sister and the Amazons for help as well, but decided to work out the details until the next jump. Then Gaea's voice was spoken from Coach Hedge's body and multiple earthen ghosts attacked. As they attacked us, I told Nico to get Diocletian's Scepter, so that I could command the dead legionnaires since I was a praetor. I controlled the dead legionnaires, but we were still outnumbered. Nico, finally strapped in to carry the Athena Parthenos and shadow traveled us out of there." I said, a blank look on my face.