We Bid Our Past Selves Adieu

Percy's Pov

After we tidied up the cabin of the biggest drama queen who can't stand my sass, we headed back out to the dining pavilion for the last time in this timeline. I walked hand in hand with Annabeth as we looked at our younger selves among the other campers. Chiron sauntered up to the front of the pavilion and cleared his throat. The camper's conversations ceased to silence.

"I believe that the fates should be here any moment," he said, his tail swaying behind him. "So if anyone has any last minute questions or wants to say goodbye now is the time."

All the younger campers got us and made their way to different campers from the future. My past self and Annabeth's past self came over to us.

"Well, we just wanted to say goodbye. It is kinda cool knowing what is going to happen in the future now." Younger me said, a big cheeky grin on his face.

"Yeah, but now that we know, we are gonna know when people are gonna die." Little Annabeth said, a concerned look on her face, then it softened. "But it is cool to know who ended updating in the future."

"That is true, but know you know about the inevitable things that are bound to happen. And you won't be able to change them, no matter what you do because it will just change the outcome of the future which could be catastrophic." Annabeth said, she was definitely deep in thought. I could tell by how her face became a blank expression and her eyes turned stone grey.

"To think of it that is all true. But it was kind of nice not knowing what I would be facing back then. The element of surprise was definitely a big factor when I did most of those things." I said, a small smile on my face.

Out of the blue, a shimmery golden light like the one that took us here in the first place appeared. The three fates, Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos, stepped out of it. Everyone in the pavilion turned to look at them. It was so silent that you could probably hear a pin drop.

"Ah hello, little campers. Now, where are our heroes and heroines of Olympus?" Atropos asked, her voice making a rasping sound as she spoke.

"We are right here," Reyna said, all eighteen of us walking up to the front of the crowd.

"Hello everyone. Nice to see you all again. Now we are to take you back to your timeline so let's get moving before it is too late." Clotho said, her bony fingers waving us over to her.

"Yes come come, we want to get you all back to camp. I hear that there is going to be an announcement made by Chiron." Lachesis added, the skin on her face stretching as she smiled. All eighteen of us heroes and heroines from the future made our way up the fates.

"So, how was telling all of them," Atropos said, pointing at the campers from the past. "About all of your quests and achievements?"

"It was good, yet we had some moments where Luke would just not shut the fuck up about not being here in the future," Thalia said, an annoyed look on her face.

"Most of the campers took it well, some of the campers got angry and some of the campers cried when we told them about all who died," Annabeth added, a blank look on her face.

"Oh that is nice," Clotho said, then she turned to the past campers. "But if any of you try to change the future, you will have hell to pay. The past has to stay the same so the future is not messed up. If you do mess it up, we will have to turn back time so that we can fix your mistake." She added, a frightening look was upon her face.

"Now now Clotho, calm down. There is no need to scare the campers like that. But we should really be heading back to the present day so that these heroes and heroines can hear what Chiron was about to make a speech about." Lachesis said, she put a hand on Clotho's shoulder.

"Let's get going now," Atropos stated firmly. With the flick of her frail hand, a golden light lit up the entire pavilion. "Now in all of you heroes and heroines go," she added.

"Wait now?" Katie asked from the back of our group.

"Yes now my young heroine," Clotho said.

"Well it was nice seeing you all, I hope life plays out the right way," I said, waving to the campers. There was a chorus of "byes," "see yous," and "adios," from everyone in the pavilion.

We stepped into the light into groups of two. Travis and Connor were a group. Jason and Piper, Leo and Calypso, and Katie and Rachel were all groups. Thalia and Reyna, Nico and Will, Hazel and Frank were all groups. Clarisse and Chris were a group. And last but not least Annabeth and I were a group.

When we actually walked into the light, we were thrown around for about five minutes. Then we landed inside the Poseidon cabin with everyone else.

"That was so weird," Thalia stated, brushing the dirt off her pants.

"Yeah, that really was," Hazel added, looking around the room.

"I suggest that we go talk to Chiron about our experience," Annabeth said, looking at all of us.

"Yeah I agree, I think he deserves to know what happened," Will added. The rest of us silently agreed to this and we all walked out of my dad's cabin. We headed up to the big house to go find Chiron.

Once we reached the house Annabeth yelled, "Chiron are you in here? We need to talk to you." The house creaked and there was a sudden sound of a person trotting on old wood.

"Yes child, what do you need me for?" He asked, confusion on his face as to why all of us were on the porch of the big house at the same time.

"Well you see, the fates brought us back in time to when Percy was twelve years old. They had us explain all of the quests and now all the campers from the past know about what is to come," Annabeth said quickly.

"Woah, hold on. They did what?" Chiron asked, an even more confused look on his face.

Thalia butted in and said, "Well what Anna here is trying to say is that..."

Authors note-

Hi, so this is just gonna be a super fast author's note because I am gonna do a long one as another chapter. The word count is 1135 words.

-Kate  🖤 🧡