Everybody Was Calm This Time

Hazel's Pov

About an hour after breakfast, all eighteen of us got up and headed to the dining pavilion to talk about the next quest. We were just heading to the dining pavilion because it was big enough to hold all of the campers at once. We all walked to the pavilion, the boys were cracking jokes and making everybody laugh. All the campers were already sitting when we arrived.I sat down at the Zeus table along with everyone else, but Thalia and Percy were just too busy making dam jokes to notice that we were sitting.

"Hey Kelp Head, Pinecone Face, get your asses over here and come sit with us," Nico yelled.

"Nico there are children here!" Will pointed out to his boyfriend.

"I bet the campers have heard language before," Nico said.

"I'm talking about Hazel and Frank, not the campers!" Will stated. I started to blush and I looked over at Frank who had his head in his hands.

"Oh shit," Nico cursed.

"Nico!" Will shouted.

"Sorry, I can't help it. Let's just get on to this quest story," Nico said.

"Hey campers!" Percy bellowed, "We are going to start telling you all about the next quest, so please listen, thanks."

"I had no recollection of my life so far, except for a single name, Annabeth. I was being chased by the Gorgon sisters, Stheno and Euryale, who intended to kill me to avenge the death of their sister, Medusa, who I had killed four years ago on a quest. I could not remember killing Medusa, as I hardly remembered any of my past. I escaped and stumbled upon an old 'hippie' lady named June. June gave me a choice, I could carry her to the safety of Camp Jupiter across the highway and Tiber River to regain my memory and, eventually, save the world, or I could retreat to the safety of the sea and live a long, happy life. I chose to carry her across the river, losing my Curse of Achilles as a result, making me vulnerable once again." Percy said to the campers.

"At the entrance to Camp Jupiter, Frank and I met Percy for the first time. Together, we attacked the Gorgons, who were eventually overtaken by Percy in the first demonstration of his demigod abilities. Percy was taken to Camp, where he was introduced to Reyna, the Praetor of the camp. Reyna seemed to know something about who Percy was, but did not allow it to show. The old woman, being carried to safety by Percy, revealed herself as the Goddess Juno. Juno revealed to the camp that Percy is a son of Neptune who had been slumbering for months. He was interviewed by Reyna, who was curious as to why he cannot remember his past. He was then interviewed by Octavian who after consulting the auguries, allowed Percy to join the legion. Nico arrived at Camp to visit me, and Percy recognized him but Nico acted as if he did not recognize Percy. When left alone, Nico revealed to me that he did know Percy. I had a flashback to my birthday of 1942. Marie, my mother, was originally blessed by my gift of jewels and diamonds. However, over time, news spread that the jewels were cursed. My mother called me a "poisoned child" leading me to run down the stairs. I bumped into a man and realized that it was my father, Pluto. Pluto told me that a descendant of Neptune would wash away my curse. At the time, I wondered if he was referring to Percy and then returned to present day. When asked which cohort will take in Percy, Frank and I invited him into the Fifth Cohort." I said, a small smile on my face.

"During War Games that night, Percy impressed everyone with his natural battle skills and instincts. Mars, the god of war, then appeared, and informed me that I was his son, and that I was to go on a quest and Percy must accompany me so that Percy would learn respect for Mars, due to Percy's bitter attitude toward the god for his past with Ares, such as the duel between them when he was twelve. Go to Alaska. Find Thanatos and free him. Come back by sundown on June twenty-fourth or die. Was the prophecy that I was given. I requested that Hazel also came. Percy, Hazel and I were to free Thanatos, the god of Death according to the "prophecy" Mars had given us. The three of us set out on the quest using the only ship in the Roman navy, the Pax. While traveling, Percy struggled to retrieve his lost memory. It was revealed through Hazel's flashbacks that she had died in the 20th century, but Nico had rescued her from Fields of Asphodel as he had felt like Hazel deserved another chance and it was too late to save Bianca, who had chosen to be reborn. I had a stick that was connected to my life force so if the stick were to ever completely burn, I would die. I was also told by Gods and people alike that I had "special talents," but I did not know what they were and often thought of Percy as better than me because Percy had more experience, confidence, and skills. While speaking with my father, I was told I needed to stop comparing myself to Percy. Percy had a fatal flaw, personal loyalty, and I would need to make a decision that Percy could not make himself. When I asked my dad what mine was, Mars said that he could not tell me and that I would need to discover my fatal flaw myself." Frank said, he laced his fingers in mine and gave my hand a small squeeze.