Chapter 20

Chaos was the only way to describe Tony and Leo. Leo wanted to build a robot. Tony decided to humor Leo, and now both of them her hunched over a table arguing on which method what make building the robot effective.

Nico sat on the couch next to Steve listening to the yelling pouring out from Leo and Tony. Natasha had pulled them out of the lab and now they were on a snack break.

The TV was not on.  "Do you want to turn it on," Steve asked.

Nico looked at the TV and turned back to staring at nothing.  "I am good.  Got anything to draw?"

Steve smiled.   "I am sure we can find something."

"No, no, no, no, no," Tony was saying.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes," Leo fired back.

"Do you ever think they will stop fighting," asked Steve.

Nico sighed dramatically shrugging.  "Do we separate them.  I take Leo you take Tony?"

Steve nodded.  They both got up from the couch slowly circling the two geniuses. Tony's eyes widened when he saw Nico sneak behind Leo, but I was too late. He shadow traveled Leo to his room.

Leo elbowed him and Nico stumbled back a little managing to get a grip of himself and he stood up again.

"Dude," Leo said.

Nico shook his head.   "Do you want to go visit Percy?"

"Huh," Leo said.   It was part of his plan.  Distract Leo long enough and he would forget his original thoughts.  At least for a little while.

"Percy, he lives close by.  We need to go visit him."

Leo nodded, but looked at Nico suspiciously.  "What," Nico asked, innocently.

Leo grinned, but didn't say anything.  He probably knew.

Nico huffed and walked towards the door.  Leo eyebrows raised.  "No shadow travel."

Nico shook his head.   "Will would kill me if I continue..."

They walked towards the door. "Oh yes, how is Will."

Nico blushed a little and looked away. Leo smiled a little as they walked through the to the hallway and past the avengers who were looking at them suspiciously as they made way to the exit.

                               *            *             *
Steve had grabbed Tony.   Tony had shouted loudly, but Steve dragged him down the hallway.   Tony was struggling a lot, but Steve didn't let up until they were in front of Pepper.   When Tony was put down in front of his wife he was a little calmer now.  

"Hey, honey," Tony said.  

Pepper looked at the situation and set the pen she had been holding down.  "Have you been misbehaving."

Tony looked affronted and grabbed his chest dramatically.  "Moi, (me in French). When have I been in trouble."  

Pepper sighed dramatically and looked to Steve.  "What has he done?"

"Be awesome," Tony said. 

"Well mam, the boy that just moved into the Stark tower," Steve started talking. 

Pepper put up a hand and looked to Tony.  Her eyes narrowed.  "I go away on a business trip and then I find out there is a boy living with us."

Steve looked to Tony.   Clear disbelief evident on his face.   "You didn't check in on your wife," Steve asked. 

Tony coughed nervously.   "Well you see..."

Steve coughed nervously making Tony stop talking.  "I think I should go."

"Oh no popsicle," Tony said.   "You got me into this mess so now you have to stay."

Steve rolled his eyes and then got into an attention stance.   He moved his back straight and stared straight ahead.  A soldier waiting for an order or a battle.

"So Tony, I feel like you have a lot of explaining to do," Pepper said.  She crossed her arms.  

Tony held up his arms placatingly.  To calm the wild beast that was his wife.  "I know honey.   You know I love you right."

"Tony," Pepper said.  Her voice had a warning edge that was just daring Tony to take it a step farther.

"Look there are some things you don't know," Tony started saying.  

Pepper sighed and nodded and sat down.   Tony looked down on his wife, concerned.   He had thought she would be more intrigued not devastated.  Tony looked over to Steve who just shrugged and mouthed the words "comfort her."

"Honey," Tony said, hesitantly. 

Pepper crestfallen looked turned into a mask of steel.   That scared Tony even more.  "Who was it," Pepper asked.

Tony looked flabbergasted.  "Who was what?"

Pepper narrowed her eyes.  "Who was the girl who got pregnant?"

Steve's eyes widened.  Tony stuttered out "Ex...cue me."

Pepper crossed her arms waiting for a response.  "Who was the woman?   How old is the child?  How is he?"

Tony started laughing.   He started clutching his stomach.   Both Pepper and Steve watched Tony writhing on the floor with mirth.  In between gasps they heard Tony speak.  "You...Thought...I...Got....Some...one....pregnant." 

Pepper didn't look amused.   "What the heck is he wheezing."

Steve looked down at Tony.  "I don't know.  I have a guess."

Tony finally stopped laughing to get up and hold himself up for a second.  A giant grin was on his face and he walked fast over to Pepper and kissed her.  

Pepper hit him over the head a couple of seconds.   "You tell me you have a love child and don't tell me.  You hide the child.   And then you kiss me.  You jerk."

Tony laughed a little.  "Leo and Nico are not my love child.  I said.

"There are two of them," Pepper asks, exasperated.

Tony puts out a calming hand to placate her.  "I know not my idea.   When I said there are some things you don't know I meant avenger related stuff."

"What does it have to do with these kids," Pepper asked.

"The kids are special, and have power.  I am not sure yet if I could tell you how or why, but..."

"You will give me all the information you can," Pepper finished.

Tony flashed a grin.  "Can you read minds?"

Pepper scoffed.  "If I could read your mind I would have nightmares."

Steve snorted.  "Hush, the adults are talking," Tony said.  

Pepper looked at Steve and smiled mischievously.  "Yeah Steve maybe we should take this conversation outside.  That way the kid won't get to..."

"Hey, no, you are my wife.  You are supposed to be on my side."   Tony pouted his lip, 

"I don't think that is going to work on her," Steve said, smiling a little. 

Tony shrugged.  "It might have.  If I didn't lose my concentration."

"So back to the kids," Pepper said.  Tony grinned and started talking about the kids.