Chapter 7

There is something fundamentally wrong with cooking something and then only getting a small portion of it.  To be fair Percy did get three slices of pizza, but the Avenger's gobbled up the pizza like hungry animals. 

After dinner, the avenger's had convinced the two demigods to train with them.  Percy got paired up with her aunt who was smirking at him.  They were going to do hand to hand combat.  Everyone stood around to peer at the spectacle.   Annabeth was smiling a little from the sidelines.

Natasha struck first.  Her fist came flying.  Percy ducked out the way and struck out against her.  Blow for blow they went at each other.  The avengers stood amazed at how fast Percy was.   Natasha and Percy tested each other until Percy struck out faster than Natasha was prepared for.  Natasha fell onto her back and tried to get up again to strike Percy's legs.  Percy jumped away from her flailing legs.  Natasha got up again ready to go at Percy again.

Percy held his arms up.  "You look like you are about to kill me.  It is your nephew."

Natasha didn't smile.  She seemed on a mission to beat him.  "Natasha lost, Natash lost," Tony taunted from the sidelines.

Percy looked over at Tony momentarily distracting him.  "Please don't help..." Percy was cut off when Natasha moved her body full force at him preparing an attack.  Percy yelped and ran.  "She is trying to kill me!"

Annabeth laughed from the sidelines.  Natasha stopped chasing him and smirked.  The others gaped at her.  Natasha shrugged her shoulders.  "I am a master assasin.  I never lose my composure.  I just wanted to scare the kid."

Tony started laughing hard.  The other avengers followed.  Bruce looked at Percy nervously.  Percy glared at Natasha and crossed his arms upset. "Awe are you upset Percy," Tony mocked.  "Did aunt Natasha scare you."

Percy scoffed.  "I wouldn't be talking Tony.  At least I beat her in combat.  If you tried you would be in a bawl begging for mercy."

Natasha smirked at Tony.  "Want to fight Tony?"

Tony shook his head.  "I am fine.  I think Annabeth wants to fight you."

Annabeth shrugged.  "I can go for some sparring."  She walked over to the mat.

Natasha prepared herself for Annabeth's attack.  She was determined not to lose this match.  Percy was one teenager she lost to.  She did not want to make it two. 

The fighting commenced and Natasha wasn't expecting Annabeth to instigate the fight.  Both of them went head on head.  The fighting finished faster than the fight with Percy.  Natasha was on the floor.  "I watched you fight Percy.  I picked up a few of your moves," Annabeth said. 

The daughter of Athena would resort to strategy to win fights.  It was a good thing Percy went first, so she could watch and pick up what kind of moves Natasha liked to do.  

Natasha got up.  "Let's test your other abilities," Natasha said.   Natasha wanted to know the extent of these kid's powers.  Even though Percy was her nephew, he was also a potential threat.

Annabeth shook her head.  "No."

"No?"  Natasha was not sure where this kid was playing?  It was nothing personal.  They just needed to test their abilities.

"My boyfriend came down here for training not for an experiment."

Percy looked a little hurt at Natasha.  Natasha was starting to feel a little bad, but it was not personal.  Annabeth walked out of the training room.  Percy followed Annabeth waving goodbye to the group.  "Percy wait," Steve shouted.

Percy shrugged his shoulder.  "Sorry Steve, you guys have done nothing to earn our trust.  What Natasha did right now it not cool."

Percy and Annabeth left.  None of the avengers did anything to stop them.  What could they do?  They messed up.  They had done training under false pretenses.  Annabeth had figured it out.  She probably figured it out a long time ago, but did not say anything because she did not want to upset her boyfriend.  

There they were left standing in silent training room going over Percy's words.  "You have done nothing to earn our trust."  Guilt seemed to pour over them.  Percy and Annabeth had helped them with that monster that attacked Fury.  They saved the world twice.  More than they have.  They reacted in a negative way and treated them like a science experiment even after they told their story.  Those scars on Percy's back.  Percy was a kid.  He was not supposed to go through that.  The avengers messed up.  Now they had to find a way to fix it.  They had to fix it before the demigods decided against them.  Maybe it was not the avenger's judgment that should be taken seriously, but the demigod's judgment.