Chapter 17

After Finding Nemo had ended came the dreaded realization that they were going to interrogate him.   Percy could just leave.   He did not owe them any answers.   He was only here because Natasha could only hold them off for so long.

There was silence before Percy heard footsteps.  He looked up to see a man with a trench coat and eyepatch stood there.   "Anyone want to tell me why he is here?"

"He is Nat's Nephew," Tony said.

"He is a potential ally that could prove useful."

"Is that why you have shield try to take him," Natasha asked.

"Hydra took over. They found Percy's file and used my authorization to try to get Percy. They don't anything about him."

"Well you better not hope this comes back to my sister," Natasha said.

Percy hadn't thought what extra drama her aunt brought back to the family. Would he have to protect his mom not only from his side, but also Natasha's side?

"We need to interrogate you Percy," Fury stated.  The others murmured their agreements.

"What, no," Percy said. 

"Look kid," Tony said.  "We just want an explanation for what we saw.  We can't protect the world if we don't know what we are dealing with."

"Don't worry about our side.  We are protecting you, so don't act like it is your job to protect the world. At least not from our side you don't have to worry... yet," Percy muttered out the last part, but they had heard it. Annabeth would have kicked him right there if she would have seen him right now.

"That's concerning," Bruce said.

"How about this Jackson," Nick Fury said. "You come live with the avengers and your aunt and we will stop bothering you."

"You want me, a sassy teenager, to live with a spy, super soldier, genius egotistical billionaire, and scientist who turns green when he is angry?"

"Yes."

"Hold up wait a minute, did you just invite someone to live here without my consent," Tony asked. He then looked at Percy raising his eyebrow. "Egotistical."

Percy smiled. Annabeth had called him that a couple of times, so why not.

Fury gave Tony a death glare. He glared a lot. Percy nicknamed him Sir Glare A Lot. Occupation: Pirate.

"Well, are you going to move into my tower," Tony asked.

"Do you even want me here," Percy asked.

"Wouldn't be bad having a kid around," Tony said.

"Yeah, but I don't want to leave my mom," Percy said.

"Percy..." Aunt Nat started.

"No, you don't understand.   I have to leave my mom all the time.  I finally get to spend time with her before..."

"Before you go on another mission," Aunt Nat finished for Percy.   The outburst did not shock Natasha.  After getting to know Percy the only thing that could get that reaction was someone threatening a person he loves.  Percy must have viewed moving in to taking away him mom.

"We call them quests, but yes," Percy said.

"Why doesn't your mom just move in with us. Problem solved."

Percy snorted. "Good luck convincing her of that. Also don't forget she has a husband too. Do you really want to see..,"

From the shadows Nico stepped out. The avengers pulled out there weapons. Fury with his gun clicking aiming it at the teenager. Nico held up his hands in surrender.

"Relax, this is Nico my cousin. I am pretty sure you met him before," Percy said.

The avengers reluctantly put their weapons down.  "I saw you at the battlefield," Natasha stated.

"Explain," Fury said. 

Natasha started to go into detail about the battlefield they found Percy on.  Natasha even told them about the injuries found on the kids.  Bruce quietly spoke in a broken voice about a kid who had died from his injuries. 

Fury turned to Percy.  "Jackson?"  His voice was a little less harsh.  Percy could see that Bruce's story of the kid dying had effected him in a hurtful manner.  A look of determination had set on Fury's face, and that made the hairs on Percy's neck stand up.  A determined person was a dangerous person.  To him, he had no idea.  Only time will tell.

"We are kids fighting our parents war."

"We didn't choose this life," Nico said, backing up Percy.

"I am not making accusations.  I am asking about what is going on."

"Maybe we should..."

"No Percy."

"But what if..."

"No, remember Bianca," Nico said.

A flash of guilt entered Percy's eyes.  Percy stopped talking.

"Who is Bianca and why did..."

"Don't talk about Bianca," Nico said.

"Now, why are they asking these questions in the first place," Nico asked. 

"Well they want me to move in with them, but I already have my mom, so they can be satisfied with investigating me," Percy said.

"I will move in," Nico said. 

"What," the avengers asked.  They were shocked. 

"My mom died and my father's in Hades.  I don't want to spend time with my dad in Hades so..."

"Wait... what... do you mean," Bruce asked.

"Yes, I am child of Hades, and my mom died like 70 years ago."

The avengers were gaping.  Even Fury and Natasha seemed to be a little bit skeptical.  "So ice..."

"No," Percy said.   "He was stuck in this hotel that his dad owns which basically made it feel like an hour had gone by but it was actually 70 years."

"So I am not alone," Steve asked.

"Yes," Percy answered.  "Death breath over here is a monument just like you,"

"Okay kid, go get your stuff," Tony said.  Nico shadow travelled back, and got his bag.

"Is that all," Natasha asked.  

"We have to travel light," Nico explained.

"I guess I will show you your room," Tony said. 

"Bye death breath," Percy called at this retreating figure.

Percy turned to Natasha with a serious face.  "He has been through a lot.  We both have.  He needs a family.  Take care of him."

Natasha nodded.  Percy smiled and they hugged goodbye. 

A/N

I thought it would be interesting to see things happening through a new perspective.