Chapter 15

Percy found himself sitting down on the table.  His mom was there bringing out blue cookies.  They would help break the tension.  Natasha was sitting there at the table calmly.  That is what freaked Percy out the most.  Natasha was calm.  His ADHD was acting up big time, and he was tapping away.

The avengers agreed to go back to their tower for now.  Percy didn't like their pushiness.  It was his life, and it was none of their business.  Their rules didn't apply to him.  Kids had to fight.  It was a simple fact he had learned when he was twelve.  Yes, maybe it was unfair, but that was his life.   He told him some things, but now seeing the battlefield Percy thought it finally sunk in what it truly cost for them.  

It was not everyday you see a kid in an injured or dead state, at least for them.  For Percy, it was starting to be a normal thing.  The look on Bruce's face when he saw a kid dying.  The look on the avenger's faces.   The look on Percy's face.   There was a lot of tears shed.  I mean the kid was young.

Natasha raised an eyebrow at Percy.  "Cookie, Percy," Natasha asked, when Sally put the plate down.  She was asking if he wanted a cookie.  She had seen the look on his face.  Her eyes never seemed to miss anything he did.

"All of them," Percy asked.   "I can definitely eat all the blue cookies.  Don't you worry, I am the man fit the job," Percy joked.  Percy didn't know if the question of whether he wanted a cookie was to unnerve or comfort him.  Either way, he felt uncomfortable.

"I've seen people like you.  It's not uncommon to feel like you do now.  Especially after a battle," Natasha said.

"No need to interrogate Percy.  He has been through enough," Sally said.

"I don't think you understand the gravity of what is happening to Percy.  I just walked in on a battlefield filled with injured children.  CHILDREN.   Children should not be fighting our battles.  They are too young, and they..."

"I know," Sally interrupted.  "You don't think I was up worrying about Percy.  I wish he could cut this part of his life out.  He always being hunted.  I tried to give him a normal childhood, but then Mrs. Dodds a monster attacked him.  Ever since he was born I always knew that he was going to face hardships.   If I tried to shield him then that would only lead him defenseless.  The fact is Percy has saved the world multiple times, and I can't keep him away from it.  No matter how much I want to as a mother."

"Interesting," Natasha murmured. Natasha had said that to get a reaction and get information.

"What," Sally asked.

"So demigods can't turn off the attracting monsters, and there has been different battles."

"Didn't I tell you this information before? You act like you have been keeping secrets," Percy said.

"You exclude details, and facts.  That's keeping secrets."

"See I don't..."

"You and Annabeth and that dramatic moment in the training room.  You never had any intention of joining us.  You acted like you would join us so you can get us off your back, and go back to normal.  It worked...for a while.  I am surprised.  Didn't think you had that kind of brain," Natasha stated.

Percy grimaced.  Dang, he had been caught.  "I didn't really come up with the plan.  Annabeth said that we might eventually get caught up with you since you are my aunt, so she drilled me on a couple strategies we could pull off."

Natasha raised an eyebrow.  "Smart girl."

"Yeah, she is my wise-girl."  

"Are we expecting an engagement anytime soon," Natasha asked. 

Sally smiled.  "Yes," Sally said.

Percy blushed.  He rubbed the back of his head nervously.  "Hopefully, I mean....I really like her, and I can see myself spending the rest of my life with her."

"So..."

"Not yet, I want to make the proposal special."

Natasha nodded. "Look, Percy you are my nephew which makes you family. How would you feel like spending more time together."

Percy nodded slowly. "Sure....". Percy was kind of skeptical because she was trying to extract information a while ago."

"I say we all go for ice cream and talk," Sally said.

"YES," Percy said.

"Are you sure that's a good idea," Natasha asked. The corner of her mouth lifted.

"ICE CREAM," Percy said.

Sally smiled at her son. "Let me just grab my keys and stuff."

As soon as Sally left Percy asked a question. "Is this real?"

"Is what real," Natasha asked.

"Wanting to hang out with us."

Natasha frowned and looked at Percy. "I know you don't know me that much and don't have any real reason to trust me, but this is real."

"Good," Percy said. "Because I don't need anymore betrayers in my life."

"What happened to you kid," Natasha asked.

"War."

Like that Sally came back and grabbed her keys smiling at the two of them. Percy was smiling and laughing along with them a little more at ease because of the short conversation they had.