Chapter 19

There was something so mundane in waiting. That's what the avengers were doing. Waiting for the mysterious Leo to show up. They didn't know that Nico would be shadow traveling and grabbing Leo once he was ready. They had somehow forgotten that Nico had that ability with the revelation of Nico moving in. It was like a hazy shadow had fogged over in their mind.

Nico was waiting for the call in his room. He didn't have to wait long. Nico stepped into the shadows into camp. Leo was there with his tool belt and his bag in hand. Leo smile put Nico on edge. Not because it was intimidating or full of Menander, but because it was full of mischief.

"Please do not blow the Stark Tower up." Nico eyes traveled to his tool belt.

Leo feigned innocence. With his elvish features he played the part well. "Me, I would never dream of that."

Nico smiled at the corners of his lips and pretended to be disapproving by shaking his head. A second later Nico had grabbed Leo's shoulder pulling him into a chasm of darkness. They reappeared later in his room. Leo looked around his room and nodded setting his bag down.

"Ready to meet the others," Nico asked. Leo was still studying the place when Jarvis called out An Unknown person entered the Stark tower.

* * *

The avengers had all been called down into the living room. The couches were set up so they can watched when Leo Valdez entered the room. They all started playing cards on the little table.

"I still don't think that it is right that you put a voice recorder in the kid's bathroom," Bruce said.

Steve was nodding along with Bruce's words. "What do you think will happen when Leo discovers the camera's in Nico's room? The kid will freak and probably move out."

Tony rolled his eyes. "You don't think I thought of that. I have a button that shuts down the device that way the signal isn't detected."

"Wow," Bruce said.

Tony smiled slightly upturning his lips. "I know that I am a super genius and it is now time to appreciate how awesome I am."

"No," Bruce said. He still looked like he was in a daze after hearing how Tony created a listening device and set it up to not come up with a signal. "The more you talk the more creepier you get."

Steve laughed. Tony glowered. Natasha had a small smile on her face. Bruce looked a little coy. Clint let out a small chuckle.

"Boys play nice," Natasha said.

"Yeah play nice," Tony grumbled.

They were all laughing when Jarvis started talking. An unknown person entered the tower. "Intruder."

They all got up immediately splattering the cards on the table. "Jarvis where is the intruder," Tony said.

"It could be an invisible Leo," Clint said.

Natasha nodded. "We still don't know what these kid's can do. It could be that he snuck past us."

"I believe the intruder is in Nico's room."

"Monster," Natasha asked, raising an eyebrow. She still remembered how the monsters attacked her nephew.

"Could be," Tony said grabbing his goatee.

"Time to be parents," Clint said.

Bruce turned and gave Clint an odd look. "Well you know what to do folk," Tony said. "Avenger's assemble."

* * *

Leo turned and ran into the closet. "What are you doing," Nico asked.

"Hiding so I can make a surprise appearance," Leo said, smirking.

Nico rolled his eyes as Leo shut the door. Nico did not think anything bad would happen. Little did he know that the avengers had armed themselves and were ready for an attack.

Nico walked over to open the door. His hand was on the knob of the door when the door burst open sending Nico back. Nico felt air and he was on the floor. He had hit his head with the end of the bed. Nico jumped up ready to fight. His instincts honed to get up when he was pushed down when he actually took in the scene before him.

The avengers all there looking for danger. The same thing he was doing. Tony was armed with iron man suit. Clint had his arrows. Natasha had her weapons drawn. Steve was with his shield. Bruce was in the back looking a little sheepish.

"What the hades?!" Nico looked around at all of them as they entered his room.

"Looks like there is no danger," Tony said, scanning his room.

"I could have told you that! Why would you nearly break down my door for!"

"Jarvis," Steve started.

"Leo is here, idiots!"

"Hey, don't call me an idiot. Maybe a genius, but never an idiot," Tony said.

Nico sighed dramatically. "Where is Leo," Natasha asked.

"Did he turn invisible," Clint asked.

Nico shook his head rolling his eyes. "He is in the closet," Nico said.

"Hey," a voice came from the closet. Slowly the door started opening revealing Leo with elfish features. He walked out of the closet. "I never outed you when you got out of the closet."

A flush crept out onto Nico's features and the room burst out laughing. Everyone's laughter died down and everyone looked to Leo as he bowed dramatically.

"I am Leo Mcshizzle, hot bad boy supreme at your service." 

Natasha raised an eyebrow and looked towards Nico.  "Is he a mini Tony?" 

Nico nodded, and the others groaned.  Tony grinned.  "Oh some trouble is a brew in our midst."