Chapter 21

Leo and Nico ended up knocking on the wooden door that was long ago knocked on by Percy.  A blonde-haired girl with grey eyes opened the doll door.  Annabeth raised one of her eyebrows, but stepped aside to let the two in.

Both of them entered the room.  Percy entered the room a second later and smiled at Leo and Nico.  "You are here!"

"Yup," Nico said.

"Leo Mcshizzle at your service."

"We have something we need to discuss," Annabeth said.

"You are no going to like it," Percy said. The lost seal look was in his eyes.

"What," Nico asked.

"Does it have to do with another war," Leo asked.

"The gods declared that for now we are joy to have any interference in the mortal world," Annabeth said.

"Basically it means that you need to pack your stuff, move back to camp, and the gods will erase their memories like they did me," Percy said. There was a sadness is Percy's voice that spoke of experience and heartache.

"That's not fair," Leo exclaimed.

"When has life ever been fair," Nico said.

"I am going to miss my aunt," Percy said, looking down sadly.

All the demigods looked down sadly. Finally they set out to doing what the gods wanted. With all their stuff back at camp the gods erased all traces of the demigods existence.

* * * * * * *
Tony was talking to Pepper about something, but he couldn't remember what he was talking about. All he knew was that he was laughing and had this warm feeling in his chest one moment, but he couldn't remember what brought on the feeling.  "What was I talking about?"

Pepper shrugged and scrunched her eyebrows. "I forgot."

"How could we both forget?!"

Pepper shrugged, but didn't know.

"Jarvis replay what I was talking about a few minutes ago."

"I can't do that, sir," Jarvis responded.

"What why not?!"

"It seems someone erased it from my system."

"Are there any more gaps in your recording?"

"Yes, it seems the recording in the guest bedroom has been tampered with," Jarvis replied.

Tony's eyes widened a little and looked to Pepper.  It didn't take a genius to figure out what they were thinking.  Someone close to them was just erased and they could not figure out who or why they were erased.   "Jarvis mark all the times that the were discrepancies in your system." 

"Yes sir," Jarvis replied.

Tony called in a meeting two hours later even going as far as to call Fury.  Fury sat at the head of the table.  Tony had asked someone to make copies of the discrepancies that happened.  Thor was still off world.  (If your wondering, yes Thor's memory is still intact.  He is out of their grasp.)

Fury sat down looking over the folder as well as the others.  "Who are we dealing with."

"I do not believe so.   I was talking to Pepper about someone, but I can't remember who, but I felt love towards this person, and I was laughing along with Pepper.  Whoever I was talking about I can't remember.  All I know is that they were someone important.  I asked Jarvis to reverse to what we were talking about and then discovered these discrepancies.  I believe whoever was in here was living in two of my guest bedrooms, so I am guessing two people.  Maybe a family member or another avenger gone missing?"

Fury glared at the piece of paper and looked back up at Tony.  "I don't leave my men behind, so I will try to dig up what I can on this situation."

Tony nodded.

Natasha looked calculative.  "It feels like part of my heart is missing.  I am missing someone."   Natasha clenched her jaw.   "Whoever took who I was close to is going to pay." 

All of them looked a little alarmed at Natasha's statement.  "I feel like someone is missing too," Steve said, slowly.  

People around the room nodded along with the exception of Fury.  Fury just looked perplexed.  Whoever was missing was important to the avengers. 

Fury got up from his seat.  His black boot sliding onto the carpeted floor.  The trench coat flying as he swiftly walked away without another word. 

"So what should we do," Steve asked.  

Tony shrugged.  "I can do some hacking.  See if any of the cameras have anything to say around the time period. 

Natasha nodded along.  "I am going to start looking at my past to see if I have any family members I might be missing." 

The others looked to Tony on what they could do.  Tony waved them off.  "Do what you can do?"  And so the remaining avengers went to start questioning the employees in the stark building.  Surely if they were dealing with someone they would know something about it. 

                                  *        *         *

A week passed and they realized whoever they were dealing with were strong and erased who they were tracking out of existence. 

Fury had called and said he did not find anything.  He was upset, and the troubling mystery of somebody they used to know would haunt them in their dreams.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N

This is my way of closing off this book and setting back the two stories plots which allows both stories to continue on in the trajectory.  I want to thank you all for reading this book, and apologize for the weak descriptions.  I have done better descriptions in my own works.  Also apologize for the lack of a plot.  I wrote for the fun of it.  Anyways I hope you all are well.  Thank you for all your wonderful comments.  It's been fun.  Bye.