Chapter 1

Percy's POV

I walked around New York. Since coming here I learned that there was an alien attack. I walked around the neighborhood looking at the destruction. Every now and then you would see the collateral damage. Building in shambles or just a damaged windows.

I saw a blonde-haired girl staring up at a high rise building complex. It had the word STARK written across the top of the building. The first ten floor were devoted to research. Annabeth tried to get an internship there, but it was hard to get an internship. It frustrated Annabeth that a guy named Peter Parker got the internship, and to add insult to injury he was a year younger.

"Hey seaweed-brain."

"Hey wise-girl," I said.

Annabeth looked at the tower with a calculating stare. "I wonder if I can get a higher energy source than the arc reactor with my schematics if I can build a better building."

I didn't know what she was talking about so I just nodded. Her lips tilted up slightly as if she knew that I had no clue what she was talking about.

"I highly doubt you can build a better building than me." A man with a goatee stepped forward. He looked at us as if expecting us to fall to our knees. "I am..." he paused as if for dramatic effect. "Tony Stark."

"Who," I asked.

"The guy who owns the building," Annabeth explained. "Such a seaweed-brain," she said.

"Kid you don't know who I am," Tony asked. "Have you been living under a rock."

"I know who you are now," I said. I pointed to the building.

Annabeth sighed. Tony stared at me before shaking his head. He looked over at Annabeth. "I would not mess with that kind of power. The arc reactor is pretty powerful. You have to know what you are doing to harness that kind of energy safely."

"Guess I will have to ask Leo," Annabeth said.

Tony looked at Annabeth. "Kid, just don't mess with things you can't handle," he said.

He walked off and into the building. "He was nice," I said. Annabeth just shook her head and then we were walking again.

Sticking close by each other in battle and out of battle. We walked together. Annabeth spouted out facts about the battle of New York. She had been doing research once she learned about it. Apparently there was group of superheros calling themselves "Avengers."

I honestly had no idea what to think. First monsters now aliens. Annabeth had been talking about the aliens when I dozed off not hearing a word she said.

"Percy," she said.

I looked over to her. "Oops," I said. My ADHD strikes again.

She just rolled her eyes. We walked over to a water fountain. I sat down watching the water flow in and out. I saw the coins at the bottom of the water fountain. I looked into Annabeth's eyes.

"Annabeth," I asked.

"Yes Percy," Annabeth answered.

"Do you ever think that wishes come true?" I looked down at the coins in the well.

Annabeth looked down at the coins in the well. "Why are you asking me this Percy," she asked.

Why was I asking her this. I just thought of making it out of the wars with her by my side. My only wish was to make it back to her.

"Because you were only ever my one true wish," I said. I gazed into her eyes. Her beautiful silver eyes.

"Percy," Annabeth said. There was so much emotion in that word.

As we gazed at each other a loud cough stopped me. Started I looked up to meet the eyes of a weirdly dressed dude.

"I am sorry Misgardians (Is that how you spell it?). I could not help over hear your conversations on wishes..."

I looked over to Annabeth who shrugged. She did not know who this guy was either. "I am sorry who are you," I asked interrupting him.

"I am Thor. The god of thunder," he boomed out.

I snickered. Him the god of thunder. Annabeth shook her head at me. I stopped laughing.

"Yeah, sure," Annabeth said. "It's nice to meet you Thor. Percy and I were trying to find out what happened during the alien attack. We were not here."

"The chitauri and my brother Loki tried to take over the world. We slayed the chitauri and closed the rift that sent the chitauri here."

"So your Norse right," Annabeth asked.

"Aye," Thor confirmed. "You are very inquisitive misgardian," Thor commented.

Annabeth smiled. Suddenly a hydra leaped at us. Thor took a protective stance over us. "Stand back mortals," he said.

Annabeth and I just looked at each other. A nod of understanding was placed on both our faces. Thor holds a weird hammer up in the air. What did he expect that to do?

I quickly called the water toward and started to smash down into it. I grabbed my pen and ran forward jumping into the air and landing on the back of the the hydra. A startled alarm came from Thor. Lightning struck the hydra's body. Annabeth had joined in the efforts and soon their was nothing but golden dust.

Thor looked up at us with a look of awe reaching his face. "A Greek monster," Annabeth explained.

"I thought the Greek gods were myths," Thor said.

Annabeth shook her head. "I am going to tell you some things, but you have to swear on the Styx that you will not say anything."