Chapter 13

Phil Coulson had everyone looking at him, waiting for his reply. His face was blank as he considered his options. Let Percy go and risk fighting the avengers or risk Fury's wrath. 

"Why would Fury want to bring the kid in," Phil asked, out loud. Didn't he try to initiate Percy to become an avenger. This did not make any sense. Unless it was not Fury who asked for Jackson to be brought in.

Tony looked peeved. "You don't even know why you are bringing the kid in?"

Natasha raised her eyebrow slightly. "Do you think there is a spy who infiltrated SHIELD," Natasha asked. Her words were blank as she watched Fury.

Phil looked to Percy. "I need to talk to Fury. Don't leave town," Phil said. Annabeth snorted. Percy looked confused about what just happened.

"Does that mean I am free," Percy asked.

Phil nodded and backed away to go back to the quinjet. May looked at the boy disappointed. May really wanted to fight someone.

"Let's go sea-weed brain. Before you decide to pull another stunt that gets us into trouble," Annabeth said.

"No," Tony said. Percy turned around surprised. "We haven't had the chance to talk."  Tony had a serious look on his face.  His eyebrows were scrunched and he looked serious.   "Do you have anything you want to talk about?"  Tony was referring to his tower and how the two miscreants had pranked him.

Percy gave him a lopsided smile and acted innocent.  "No, I don't think so."  

"Okay you little..." Tony started out saying, but Captain American cut him off.

"We have you recorded on video camera," Steve said.(I honestly don't know if I should refer to them as their super hero names or there actual names.  I honestly confuse myself.).

Annabeth rolled her eyes.  "I told you so," she said.

Percy sighed.   "Well I wanted to say that just because we are far away doesn't mean I don't think about you."  Percy looked down sadly and gave Tony a puppy dog eyes and pretended he was crestfallen and hurt.

Clinton had a hard time keeping a straight face.  A smile broke off in his lips. Steve and Bruce didn't bother try to hide it they started laughing. Natasha had a tiny sparkle in her eyes lighting up with amusement. "So the small little explosion was your way of saying I miss you," Tony asked. His voice sounding like he was trying not to be amused.

Percy nodded. His face smiling. "I can't...this kid," Tony said and started laughing.

Percy shrugged smiling a little before bowing. Annabeth looked at Percy amused, but then her face suddenly got serious. "We have to go Percy."

Percy nodded looking at Annabeth already turning away from the avengers.

"Why are you running off so fast? You sound like you need to be somewhere," Natasha commented.

"Oh well..," Annabeth started.

"We need to go save the world," Percy said.

"Percy," Annabeth reprimanded.

Natasha's eyebrows lifted. Suddenly the avengers looked alert.

Percy shrugged innocently. Annabeth gave him a death stare. "What I mean we are on another quest."

"Yes, but the quest does not include them. We need to stick with the prophecy and meet up with the others," Annabeth argued.

"Yeah, well..." Percy continued on speaking.

"Maybe we can help," Clint suggested.

"No," Annabeth said. Annabeth immediately turned to Percy. "We need to continue on the quest. You don't go telling nosy mortals about the quests."

"Nosy," Tony started.

Annabeth gave Tony a death stare. Tony immediately stopped talking. Percy knew that Annabeth was scary and pitied Tony in that moment. "Bye guys, we will contact you when we are done with the mission," Annabeth said.

Percy gave Natasha a hug which surprised the assassin. "Bye aunt Natasha," Percy waved goodbye. Natasha looked at her nephew with a small smile. That kid was special. The avengers waved bye.

* * *

"We are following them aren't we," Steve asked.

"Yup," Tony said. Emphasis on the "p". He had an interest in the kid and what they were doing. And if this was some world changing stuff , well he certainly wouldn't want to miss all the fun.

"My nephew certainly has a knack into getting into trouble." Natasha thought of the odd encounter with SHEILD. They needed to straighten things out with the agency before they stalked her nephew. "I think we have bigger problems to solve.

"I guess what I know what I am doing this week," Clint said. All of them silently agreed. One thing was for sure. The would unravel the mystery that was this infamous Percy Jackson.

* * *

"Why did we let him go," May asked. Phil looked to her and grabbed her arm gently. They walked to an area and made sure no one was listening.

"I suspect there is something going on within SHIELD, and we can't deal with smaller issues like a boy later," Phil said.

May raised her eyebrow. "The boy can surprise you. I mean his aunt is the Black Widow. There can be more secrets in his closet."

Phil nodded. "Yes, well we will have to get to that later. I do not know who to trust right now. I need you on high alert and I need you to do a task for me."

May raised an eyebrow. Phil handed her a piece of paper and May understood what she had to do. She too had suspected something was a little off of him. If this was true she was smash his pretty little face and feed his corpse to the fish. Yes, for now they needed to check on an issue within the system, but maybe later she could unlock the secret to those sea green eyes. What was it about this kid?