Chapter Nine

Natalie~

A deep voice pulled her from the darkness of sleep. She was so comfortable and so tired she fought against the urge to wake, but a voice coaxed her eyelids open, a voice she was quickly becoming attached to.

Pierce.

"Natalie." He kept his voice soft enough to be comforting, but loud enough to be heard.

She stirred beneath his sheets at the sound of his voice, blinking a few times, but still hadn't fully roused.

"Open up those eyes for me, sweetheart." he soothed, increasing his volume slightly and running his hand up and down her arm. The skin to skin contact was electrifying and stimulating enough to wake her fully.

Her eyes fluttered open and fixated on him for a second or two, causing a perfect, delicious smile to stretch across his face.

"Can you sit up?" he asked.

"Yeah" she replied as she sat herself up in the bed with a small groan. He watched her every movement and studied her as she pushed herself up.

"What's eight plus nine?" he asked immediately.

She dropped her head and gave him a you-can't-be-serious expression in return.

"Humor me, beautiful," he chuckled.

She let out a sigh, but answered his question. "Seventeen."

"What's your name?"

"Natalie." she couldn't help, but smile at his line of questioning.

"What's my name?" he asked with a chin lift and a cocky smile.

He just wants to hear me say his name.

"Pierce," she said in a voice barely over a whisper.

He swept his tongue over his bottom lip as his name escaped her mouth.

I knew it. For someone who was supposed to be some sort of secret agent, he is awfully easy to read.

"Do you know where you are?" he continued.

A mischievous look flashed in her eyes and she decided to tease him a little.

"I'm in your bed." she finally said in a low voice as she ran her hands down his sheets and fisted them at her sides.

Pierce dropped his head back onto his shoulders, letting out a groan before he brought his eyes back to hers and held her gaze

"Do you even realize what you do to me?" he asked as if he were being tortured.

Her eyes playfully wandered down to his boxers then back up to meet his gaze.

"I think I have an idea." she said with a knowing smile.

He flashed her a shameless smile, but brought his hands to cover the newly pitched tent in his boxers.

"Well you passed with flying colors. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to take a cold shower." He rose to his feet trying to block her view of his growing erection with his hands, but failed. 

Natalie reached up and covered her blush and wide smile with her hand.

"I'm sorry." she said from beneath her hand.

"Don't ever be sorry for that." He flashed her a sexy smile and a wink before he disappeared into the bathroom.

He returned after his shower calm and relaxed with towel dried hair and a sated expression. A smile stretched across her face as she wondered what he did in that shower that was so calming and relaxing. Blush crept up her neck as she pictured him grasping his hard length, using his muscular arms to please himself with images of her in his mind. She had to stop her imagination from running too wild with that thought or she'd need a cold shower herself.