Chapter Eleven

Pierce ~

Pierce was fuming as he stormed into Luxe with Caleb and Slater at his back. With his adrenaline surging, he swept his eyes across the room, searching for Natalie.  To his relief she had done exactly as he'd asked and was standing at the bar next to one of the bouncers. Her arms were folded across her chest and her brows were drawn in deep as she glared up at the windows of the tower suites overhead.

The deep scowl on her face softened the second her eyes met his and she visibly relaxed her upper body as if she'd been holding her breath.

His hands immediately moved to cup her face, tilting her head from side to side to examine for any fresh bruises.

"You alright, Nat?"

"I'm okay. He hasn't come out of the suite and I haven't gone up. I've been standing here with Tony since I got off the phone with you."

Turning his attention to Tony, he gave him a grateful chin lift.

"I appreciate it, man."

"Don't mention it. That fool's been relatively quiet up there, we've just been waiting for him to slip up so we can throw his ass out."

"You brought the Cavalry I see." Natalie said, bringing her eyes to Caleb and Slater.

"Good to see ya, Nat." Caleb said.

Slater leaned over the bar and extended his hand to her to introduce himself. "Slater. Nice to meet you, honey."

"Nice to meet you too. Wish it were under different circumstances."

Natalie's gaze moved beyond the group of men and refocused on a cocktail waitress who was rushing down the steps toward the bar with her eyes fixated on Natalie.

Meeting her at the side of the bar, Natalie placed her hands on the woman's arms to calm her with all three men taking notice, moving closer to see what the fuss was about.

"What happened?" Natalie asked.

"Kenneth kept demanding that I send you up there. I told him you weren't working the suites tonight, but he just kept on until he got so pissed he flung his drink at me and told me to come find you and send you up."

The woman's eyes were brimming with tears and her blouse was soaked, reeking of vodka.

Natalie's blue eyes might as well have turned a shade of deep red as she set her angry sights on the suite windows above. Her mouth hung open slightly out of shock and disgust and before he could register her movement, she darted toward the stairs to confront Kenneth.

"That son of a bitch!" she seethed as she took off for the stairs.

Pierce lunged and intercepted her, wrapping his arm around her tiny waist and lifting her off the ground as she fought against him to continue on her warpath. She squirmed against his hold, still trying to get to the stairs, until she realized her efforts were no match for his powerful grip around her waist.

"Woah, easy there mighty mouse," he scoffed.

He effortlessly carried her a few steps before setting her on her feet near the bar and couldn't help but chuckle at her feeble attempt to fight against his hold.

"Let us handle him, okay?" he said in a soothing voice trying to calm a furious Natalie.

She nodded in response, too pissed to speak.

"Hey Tony, mind if we take out your trash?" Pierce said across the bar.

"Help yourselves. Up the stairs, third door on your left." Tony replied.