Chapter Twenty Four

Pierce~

Pierce was drifting off to sleep with Natalie in his arms. He watched her fall asleep first which didn't take long, feeling her body go lax and her breathing become slow and even. He loved seeing her that way - completely content and sated, wrapped up in his arms with her body pressed against his from head to toe.

Just as sleep took hold of him his mind decided to replay the delectable footage of Natalie in the throws of ecstasy. It was an image that now had a permanent place in his brain and was going to become his most favorite place to visit. To say she was incredible in bed wouldn't do her justice and he struggled to find the right description of what they had just done, but no words were good enough. He pitched a tent in his boxers as he relived the highlights and he internally scolded himself.

Down boy, let the girl rest for a little while, jeez.

He nuzzled his face into her neck and inhaled her scent deeply, knowing it would be enough to calm him and lull him to sleep - and he was right. In fact he slept so hard he didn't hear the multiple phone calls from Declan and his teammates a few hours later.

*****

Loud banging on his door pulled Pierce from the depths of sleep and he shot up out of bed, startling Natalie in the process as he grabbed his gun from the night stand.

"Don't leave this room, until I come for you." he commanded.

"Okay." she immediately agreed as she searched for her clothes.

Pierce left the room and closed the door behind him as another loud bang erupted from the door.

"Open up the fucking door Hollywood." Kincaid's voice boomed.

"Shit." Pierce muttered under his breath as he quickly unlocked and opened the door.

"What the hell man, we've been calling you for an hour. Dec sent me to come wake your ass up."

"Sorry I think I left my phone in the bathroom and didn't hear it."

"Well we've got a problem. A big fucking problem." Kincaid said with his eyes darting around the door frame.

"What's up?"

Kincaid didn't answer, he just kept sweeping his eyes across the outer edges of Pierce's door frame, then up to the ceiling in the hallway outside of his door.

What the hell is he looking for?

"Talk to me."

"Estrada bugged you."

"Bullshit." Pierce bit out. He had Nate check the inside of his apartment already for any kind of mics or cameras after the flower and note was delivered.

"Yeah well, Ricardo Nunez told DEA agents during interrogation that you had a live cam on your front door, brother."

"Who?" Pierce asked in confusion.

"One of the thugs y'all picked up last night. He sang like a canary early this morning and gave up all kinds of intel, but the most pressing piece of information is that Estrada's got live feed of you as we speak."

Kincaid and Pierce frantically scanned the entire area until Pierce's eyes settled on the small camera at the end of the hallway. It looked like a christmas light that was out of place, pointing right at his door.

Motherfucker

Pierce took heavy angry steps toward the camera and yanked it down from its resting place, holding it up for Kincaid to see.