Chapter Twenty Eight

Pierce~

Natalie, Lexi, and Claire turned every head in that club and the men they each called theirs couldn't be more proud to show them off.

Both teams claimed a row of tables on the outskirts of the dance floor, keeping a clear vantage point of the women they loved most.

Natalie, Lexi, and Claire looked so care free with nothing but happiness on their faces as they shook their asses to the rap music that thumped through the speakers. The only word he could find to describe what he felt in that moment was fulfillment. The word happiness wasn't enough because it was so much more than that. Natalie filled in every piece of him that was missing or broken. She filled his heart with love for the first time in his entire life and he couldn't take his eyes off of her as if she were too perfect to be real.

"We are some lucky bastards." Pierce said to Declan and Nate.

"You're tellin' me." Declan agreed, raising his eyebrows and shaking his head.

"You know I always thought this would be different. That it would be harder." Pierce admitted, taking a sip of his beer.

"Are we talking about dicks or relationships, Hollywood?" Slater laughed.

Pierce offered him an extended middle finger in return.

"You two are good together." Kincaid said squeezing Pierce's shoulder, trying to make up for Slater's joke.

"In fact, I gotta find me one of those. Natalie got any sisters?" Kincaid joked with a tiny hint of sincerity in his voice.

Caleb appeared over Kincaid's shoulder with wide eyes that were darting back and forth behind Pierce.

"Sara's here, fast approaching on your six." Caleb said to Pierce quickly as he took a seat across the table from him.

"Shit." Pierce muttered under his breath.

A slender arm draped across his shoulders and the feeling of Sara's skin against his was suddenly abrasive and unwelcomed. His body rejected it immediately and shifted uncomfortably beneath her arm, before reaching up and removing it from his shoulder.

"Piiieerrce." Even the way she drew out his name into ten different syllables made his skin crawl.

"Long time no see sweetie. I've been missing my favorite fuck buddy." she purred as she leaned on him.

Pierce's eyes shot to the dance floor where he was relieved to find Natalie and Lexi with their backs to him, getting drink refills at the bar.

"Yeah, well I'm afraid I'm off the market." Pierce said flatly, keeping his eyes forward.

"Oh really?" Sara said with raised brows.

"I mean if you think I mind a little competition, I don't. You know I'm not jealous. We can still keep up our little arrangement if you want." Sara purred close to his ear.

Pierce now regretted every time he had slept with Sara. She was fun for a night, but nothing more than a way to blow off steam after a job. They had a mutual agreement that they could fuck with no feelings involved and that worked perfectly up until he met Natalie. Frankly he had forgotten about Sara completely, Natalie made every woman he had ever been with utterly forgettable.

"I'm not interested, Sara. Like I said I'm off the market." he bit out.

"I still have my key you know, I could come over when she's out.."

Shit I forgot about that fucking key.

Pierce made a mental note right then and there to have his locks changed.

All the men around him were completely silent, looking on and watching the train wreck of a situation that was unfolding in front of them. He turned his head to check for Natalie once more.

Good. Back still turned at the bar.

"Come on Pierce...I could come over tonight." she leaned in and tried to press her lips against his neck, but caught his collar instead.

"Sara." he growled, shrugging out of her hold and internally fuming.

"Oh come on, for old time's sake."

She reached up and ran her hand along his neck and the sensation made his stomach churn. He snatched her hand at the wrist and stood abruptly, leading her toward the hallway that led to the bathrooms. They stopped in the corner where he was trying to minimize the visibility of her advances.

"Listen Sara, I told you. I am off the market. I've got a girlfriend and whatever we had, whatever we were doing...It's done. And I'm going to need that key back."

"I don't have it with me silly...I keep it in my lingerie drawer." Her voice was low and husky and made Pierce's ears hurt.

"Let me just show you a good time tonight, you'll remember why you kept me around, I promise."

"Sara.." he growled through gritted teeth, trying to remain a gentleman, but quickly losing his patience.

"You didn't say no." she said before she lunged at him, planting her lips on his and curling her arms around his neck.

His lips rebounded off of hers instantly as he recoiled in disgust and he ripped her arms from around his neck, putting them back forcefully at her sides.

Sara's smile was unnerving as her eyes shifted beyond Pierce's shoulder then back to his face.

"Oops." Sara said with absolutely no sincerity.

Pierce turned his head to follow her gaze only to find the last thing on Earth that he wanted to see.

Natalie.

Her mouth was open slightly and her chest was pumping wildly like she wasn't getting enough oxygen as she stared unblinking and horrified at Pierce. The look on her face completely gutted him and he immediately moved toward her, reaching for her to try and explain himself.

His heart cracked right down the middle when she pulled her hands back out of his reach and stumbled backwards trying to evade him.

The sound of Sara laughing as she entered the women's restroom set Pierce's blood on fire, but he tried not to acknowledge it, keeping his focus completely on Natalie.

"It's not what it looks like Nat." he said with his palms up and facing her in a non-threatening stance.

"You know what it looks like Pierce? It looks like you were kissing another woman. That's what it looks like." she seethed with her voice drenched in pain.

She was furious and rightly so, but the tears that started to build in the corners of her eyes are what he hated the most.

"Please let me explain. That's not what this was." He begged.

"Well we'll just see about that." Natalie snapped as she stormed into the bathroom to confront Sara.

Pierce folded his hands behind his head in an effort to restrain himself from punching a hole through the wall as he waited for Natalie to emerge from the bathroom. God only knows what disgusting lies Sara was going to tell her. He dropped his head and waited as if he were waiting for his own execution.

How the fuck am I going to explain my way out of this...

**************************************

Don't forget to vote and comment! Tell me all of your opinions! I love hearing from you!