Chapter Twenty Nine

Natalie~

Natalie, Lexi and Claire were having the time of their lives on the dance floor with their favorite men sitting along the edge as spectators. Everywhere she moved Pierce's eyes followed her and she couldn't get enough of the way he was looking at her, like she was the only woman in the entire world. No one had ever looked at her that way, it was the best feeling she'd ever felt. 

Claire looked down at her wrist, pretending she had a watch on and giggling before turning to Natalie and Lexi.

"I think it's tequila-o'clock." Claire announced pointing at her imaginary wrist watch.

"You're a bad influence, you know that?" Lexi joked.

"Aw come on it's just one shot." Claire whined

Lexi cocked her hip and arched a brow at Claire.

"I think you mean one more shot. We took one as soon as we got here."

Claire started laughing and locked arms with Natalie.

"Fine, I know Natalie will take a shot with me."

Natalie smiled at Claire and held up her own wrist as she spoke.

"You know I'll always take shots with you, but I think we're in different time zones, because my watch says it's vodka-o'clock." she said pointing at her imaginary watch as well.

Claire threw her head back with laughter and turned to Lexi.

"What time does your watch say Lex?"

Lexi gave both women a playfully annoyed look and glanced down at her bare wrist.

"My watch says it's time for me to find new friends."

Both Natalie and Claire burst into laughter before pulling a reluctant Lexi toward the bar.

Once all three women had their preferred shot in hand at the bar, Lexi gave a toast.

"To the men who love us and losers who lost us." Lexi said, giving Natalie a wink.

"Cheers!"

"Speaking of the men who love us, I'm sure they are all ready for another beer." Natalie said as she turned to make eye contact with Pierce to see if he needed another.

She expected to catch him in another loving gaze, but what she saw instead made her mouth turn to cotton.

He had a woman by the hand and was guiding her away from the men at the table. Natalie followed them with her eyes from across the room, unable to blink or breathe. His pace was quick and he pulled the other woman until they were both concealed in a corner by the bathrooms.

What the hell?

Her feet were moving before she could command them to and she prayed that her eyes had been playing tricks on her. Lexi picked up on her discomfort and followed closely behind, calling out her name with no response in return. Natalie couldn't respond, she couldn't explain what she had just seen, she couldn't even breathe.

With her eyes landing on Pierce's back she saw the other woman's slender boney fingers wrap around his neck in a sensual embrace. Their faces were completely in line and her heart sank to the floor as her mind finally caught up with what her eyes were seeing.

He just kissed her...

Every ounce of air in her lungs rushed out all at once and her shoulders caved with her rib cage as the room closed in on her.

The woman's eyes locked onto hers with the most malicious gaze before Pierce finally turned to face her. His face contorted and his eyes went wide when he realized she was standing behind him and he immediately moved toward her, reaching those comforting arms out toward hers, but she wanted no part of it.