Chapter Eighteen

Pierce~

Two hours later he heard Natalie's phone alarm beeping followed by a small groan as she silenced it.

Why does she have an alarm set?

She shifted her weight, rolling toward him slowly, obviously feeling the repercussions of lifting a two hundred and thirty pound weight over and over.

"Pierce." she whispered, not realizing he was already awake.

"What's wrong Nat?"

"What's eight plus nine?" she asked, ignoring his question.

She's testing me for concussion symptoms.

A deep chuckle rumbled in his chest shaking her head as she rested it there.

"Ummm ten?" he joked, just waiting for her reaction.

Her head shot off his chest and she snatched her phone to turn on the flash light, shining the bright light into his face in order to examine him.

He laughed and squinted against the light that assaulted his eyes, bringing his palm up to shield his face.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding. It's seventeen." he laughed.

"Not funny. If I would have done that to you the other night you would have thrown me over your shoulder and carted my ass to the hospital." She narrowed her eyes at him with a smirk.

"You're right. I'm sorry and I don't need you carting my ass anywhere else tonight, so I'll answer any questions you've got. Quiz me," he said, rolling over on his side to face her and propping his head up on his hand.

"What's your name?" she asked with a half smile still curling the corner of her mouth.

"Pierce." he said instantly as if the quicker he answered her questions the more convincing it was that he didn't have a concussion.

"What's my name?"

"Natalie."

"Where are we?"

"We're laying in my bed," he said with a sly smile.

A mischievous look danced within her eyes and he knew his next question was going to be a fun one.

"What color are my panties?" she asked, arching a brow as if she'd somehow beat him at a game.

"Deep purple, almost black, but not quite, with lacy edges that frame your ass perfectly," he answered confidently.

Her perfect lips curled her half smile into a full on grin as she eyed him playfully.

"So you liked the way they looked?" she asked, fishing for a compliment that she deserved and one that he was more than willing to give her.

"I mean, I think they'd look better on the floor over there, but yes. They looked delicious on you." he said with a wink.

"So did I pass?"

"Yeah, you passed."

They settled back down into the bed and Pierce folded her into him, wrapping his large body around hers.

"See you in two hours."

Her statement caused another big laugh to emerge from the depths of his chest. 

"Only if we get to talk about your panties some more." he said into her ear, placing a couple of light kisses down her neck.

*****