Entrance Exams. Part 3. ~Chapter 7~

Eri got up from her comfortable position and went to the entrance exam section. She sat on a chair, listening to Mic's speech. She memorized it but still wanted to hear her father's announcement. She always enjoyed his speeches, he was always so dramatic about them. She internally laughed, a bright expression on her face. She looked down at her phone, texting Kota to let him know where she was. She looked around, trying to find his familiar hat. Soon, she recognized the gold horns. She smirked. 

Right after Mic finished up, she skipped to him, making sure to be behind him. She quickly put her hands above his eyes, covering them from seeing anything. 

"Guess who~" She chanted, giggling. Kota smirked, taking in the familiar scent. 

"Hm, well, I think I already know." He smirked, quickly turning around to face her, taking her hands. 

"Hey, Eri." He said casually, laughing at her expression.

"Heya, Kota! So, let's go?" 

"Sure." The two wandered off, knowing their numbers. Luckily, the two were in the same group, so they could work together. They made it to the entrance to the mock battle section. They walked through, bumping through the crowds. The two ran into the arena hand in hand, already beating some robots. The other examinees stared at them confused, calling out to them until Mic spoke up. 

"These two have the right mindset! Real battles don't have countdowns, People! GO!" Mic shouted as everyone started taking off. 

Eri kicked, punched, and blasted a bunch of robots. She took them out using quick methods, not wanting to waste energy and stamina. She glanced at Kota, seeing how well he was doing. He was shooting some water here and there to at least weaken the robots, then punching them to take them out. A few times he came over to Eri to help out, but overall they looked out for each other. 

Eri was also saving some people, getting her some rescue points as well. She was getting slightly tired out, but she pushed on, wanting to give her all. Kota noticed her tiredness, so he helped her out a little, He knew how much Eri wanted to prove herself and how much this meant to her. 

So far Kota got around 42 villain points and 24 rescue points, so he had 66 points. Eri was at 48 villain points and 36 rescue points, giving her a whopping 84. Eri smiled at herself, knowing full well she would get a good score. She rescued another person stuck under a piece of metal, giving her 3 more points. The girl thanked her, running off to win more points. 

In the end, Kota got 69 points ( ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ). Eri had 88 points, getting her at second place. At first place was a girl with red velvet hair, golden tips, and gorgeous blue eyes. She smirked, proud of herself. She turned to see Eri, grinning brightly. 

"Nice job! Eri right?" 

"Yeah, you must be Himari?" 

"Mhm! It's nice to meet ya! What's your quirk?" 

"Oh, uh, It's rewind. I can rewind things to how they used to be.." 

"Damn, that's a great quirk!" Eri's eyes widened. Not many people complimented her quirk. Most people thought her quirk was a curse. She smiled. 

"Thank you.. What's your quirk?" Eri asked, curious. 

"It's called 'Flame Wings'! I can grow blue wings with cool blue fire tips! My feathers can also explode and I can control the fire!" Himari smiled proudly. 

"That's a very powerful quirk!" Eri praised. 

"Thanks, your quirk is cool too, hun! Now, I better go, see ya!~" Himari waved, skipping away. Eri smiled, knowing she'd like to be friends with her. She wandered off to find Kota. She immediately saw his hat, jumping to him.

"Hey Eri, I got 6th place! congrats on 2nd by the way!" 

"Heh, thanks.. Anyways, wanna go to the cafe for a bit? I'm pretty sure Hitoshi and my parents will stay here for a while." Eri suggested.

"Sure, I don't mind. Let's go?" 

"Yeah, let's go!" Eri smiled, running out. The two headed to the staff room to grab their stuff, then left. 

They made a few turns, then reached a cafe. They headed inside, ordering their snacks. Eri just asked for a lychee Boba tea and Kota buying a simple mocha. The two paid up, heading out to wander aimlessly. The two teens chatted for a while, talking about random stuff. They walked through the park, admiring the trees and flowers. 

After a while, Eri got a message from Hitoshi asking where she was. She sighed, typing up a quick reply. Her brother just sent a, "oh okay, have fun-". Eri sighed, shaking her head playfully at her brother before putting her phone away. 

After an hour Kota got a call from Mandalay telling him to come back home. he sighed, telling Eri that he had to leave. The bluenette just smiled, reassuring him that it's fine. She embraced him into a huge hug. 

"Alright, I'll see ya later! Have a safe trip home!" She squeezed. Kota tried to say something, but he was currently being suffocated by one of the best huggers he knew, so he couldn't get anything out. She quickly let go, realizing that he was also a human and needed air to breathe, (Wow, who knew?)

"Whoops, Sorry Kota! Now, you should get going." She sweatdropped, rubbing her head. 

"Heh, it's fine. Catch ya later Eri." He waved, turning to leave. Before he could even take a second step, he stopped and turned around. He stepped back towards her, hugging her into a small hug. 

"Be safe, kay? Last time I left you alone you almost got into some big trouble." He said, his voice muffled. 

"I don't think I can promise that, but I'll try!" 

The two parted ways, going back to their homes. 

And thus another day ended- 

Whoop! Sorry for the short chapter! I'll try to write longer pieces next time! Real quick, would you mind if I snuck short stories here and there for these two? Instead of full chapters, they're like small oneshots, idk, tell me what you guys think!-