𝗲𝘅𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗹𝘆

zia

"You're gonna die up there!" I shouted to John B as he stuck his foot over the edge of the roof.

I adjusted my body to comfortably lean against the wall that connected to the wooden rail I was sitting on, taking my eyes off of John and placing them on the beautiful horizon that sat miles in front of me.

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck? I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival." Pope said jokingly, but he wasn't joking.

I lifted the beer that JJ had distributed to me and the others earlier to my lips and took a small sip, keeping my focus on the beauty of the world I was so happy in.

For the first time in a while.

"Should I do it?" John B said holding his finger up to feel where the wind was blowing, a small grin on his face.

"Yeah, I'll shoot you on the way down." Pope said lifting up a drill and jolting it back, pretending to shoot the boy who would probably be dead in the next thirty seconds depending on the decision he was going to make.

"Oh, you'll shoot me?" John B asked in jokingly disbelief.

"Yep. Pow!" Pope jolted the drill again.

John B laughed as he looked back at the horizon.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets and towel warmers." Kie said annoyed as she walked out of the work-in-progress of a house that some Kook was having built.

"Kooks. They have the money for everything and fucking everything." I scoffed as I took my eyes off of the horizon and focused on Kie , who was walking past me and towards the other railing.

"Why wouldn't they? I would have towel warmers if I could." JJ joked as he pushed himself off of the railing and gave me dead eye contact.

JJ and I didn't hate each other or anything, but we definitely didn't get along most days. We always argued of the stupidest shit, and most arguments were caused by him.

But hell, were his eyes beautiful.

Almost as blue as the ocean that laid ahead of us.

I kept eye contact with him, refusing to give him any feeling of dominance.

"This used to be a turtle habitat. But who cares about the turtles, I guess." Kie said disappointingly, as she set her elbows on the railing, her speech causing JJ to break eye contact.

"I can't have cold towels." JJ said sarcastically, looking at Kie.

"Hey man, don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one." JJ yelled, reverting his attention to John B, who hadn't moved from the roof.

Less than seconds later, John B's foot slipped and caused him to drop his beer, his body remaining unharmed.

"Oh shit!" John B yelled as we watched his beer come hurtling towards the ground.

"Of course you did, literally seconds after I told you not to drop it. Idiot." JJ said as he threw his hands up in the hair and then brought them back down.

"A plus." Pope graded John's mishap.

"Dumbass." Kie mumbled.

"This is why we don't drink and do stupid shit, it angers JJ." I said sarcastically, letting out a slight chuckle.

"It does when you waste perfectly good beer!" JJ responded defensively to my comment, turning around to face me.

I rolled my eyes.