𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝘁𝗶𝗽, 𝗶𝗺 𝗴𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴

zia

"What's this?" JJ leans forward and touches the joystick (or whatever the fancy term for it is ) on the console.

"Don't touch that." Pope smacks his hand away.

JJ says something about the drone while John B pretends to brush his teeth in the camera.

"It's not a drone. It's an ROV, it-" Pope begins to attempt to educate JJ.

"Shut up. Shut up. It's too early for that right now." JJ cuts him off.

I walk up next to JJ and push myself up onto the railing.

"Hey." He says quietly with a smile.

"Hi." I say back, with the same devilish smile.

We gaze into each other's eyes, and watch as our eyes flicker back and forth towards our lips.

God, I love this feeling.

But, the moment was soon ruined when John B and Kie emerged from the water, ripping my attention from JJ.

"Hey, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim." John B says as he attempts to catch his breath after being under water for so long.

"It's bullshit. Why do we have to do that?" JJ asks as leans against the railing.

"Well there is maritime salvage law. You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up." Pope says as he comes up from the other side of JJ.

"I know. I know. It's just, lawyers aren't cheep, bro." JJ complains.

"Well good thing we'll have 80 millions dollars and we won't have to worry about it." I says with a smile as slide my fingers through his blonde hair and ruffle it, annoying him. He squints his eyes a little and lays attention to what John B is saying.

"As soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp." John B says as if we should know that.

"How do you know that?" Kie asks.

"Because my dad said it, like, a million times."

"That's fair." She replies as she swims back to the ladder.

"This tether is like, really long. In the wrong weather, it could get pushed around." Pope says, holding the bright yellow tether in his hand and gazing at it.

"So we'll go at dead calm." John B suggests.

"At slack tide?" I ask.

"Yeah. So now, we just gotta wait around for the right weather." John B says as a large thunder cloud rolls in from a distance.

"And today is not that day." Pope says. I watch as JJ turns to the thunder cloud, and turns back with a turnt up nose.

~

"You three get these groceries over to Figure Eight. Get straight back here when you're done. And no fishin'!" Heyward says as Pope, JJ, and I grab bags of groceries from him and set them on the boat.

Since I have a job at The Wreck, I usually wouldn't be doing this. Sure, extra cash is nice, but delivering groceries to a bunch of douches on Figure Eight isn't exactly my dream job. But, a few nights ago, the Pogues and I were out until 3:00 am, and the next morning I forgot cash. I had to bribe Heyward to give me a coffee in exchange for me helping out with today's delivery.

"I promised delivery this afternoon. Rich folks don't wanna wait for you lazy sons of.." Heyward starts, but pauses when he sees JJ with his arms out, already ready to help.