𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝗮𝗿

We r gonna pretend that John B and Sarah didn't go back to the Wards house and instead everyone went back to the châteu

I could prob change it but I already wrote it when I realized 🥴😭

Also: my irl bestie got Wattpad again and she's reading so everyone say "Hi Chy!!"

Also: my friend from school got Wattpad and she's reading too so NOW everyone say "Hi Lacey!"

Ok u can read now 😁

•••

zia

Everyone slept at John Bs last night. We decided not to go home and to celebrate instead. Once we got back, Sarah took me into the bathroom to clean up my wound.

Apparently she's "really good at fixing cuts." According to John B, anyway.

I slept in the living room, on the pullout mattress. Normally, John B lets me take his room since he stays up a lot later than I do. But now Sarah needs a place to sleep. Which I'm fine with, don't get me wrong. It's just kind of awkward sharing a room with JJ. Pope and Kie slept in the hammocks outside, and John B slept with Sarah in his room.

Leaving JJ and I alone.

Thankfully, he was already asleep when I got to the room.

For some, really weird, really unnatural reason, JJ crashed early last night. He said that he "had a long day." But JJ never passes up a good celebration.

I mean, come on. We were drinking his beer, and smoking his weed, and he didn't even participate.

I ignored it, thinking nothing of it. I didn't want to bother him since he just started talking to me again. I can't fuck that up again.

But since I woke up this morning, he hasn't said a single word to me.

Then again, I only woke up about an hour ago and Kie and Sarah have kidnapped me and held me hostage the whole time.

The three of us sit in the back of the Twinkie, door sitting wide open.

"He said it looked something like this." Kie says as she points to the poorly drawn photo of (what I'm assuming is Pope) in a lifty-pully thingy. I don't know, all I know is that it's how we're getting the gold out of the well.

"Well that's 50 feat down, and they're using a 100 foot rope, so..." Kie trails off. "So I guess this little wagon will go.." She tries to explain to us.

"Who drew this?" Sarah laughs.

"Who do you think?" Kie snorts as she looks up and across the yard at Pope, who's staring back at her with what seems to be nervous eyes.

We continue laughing, until I see JJ approaching the van with ruffled hair, and the three pieces of gold in his hand.

"Kie! This better work." He says as he throws the gold onto the floor of the Twinkie.

"We can't pawn it if there's a giant wheat symbol on it." JJ explains.

"It's gonna work." Kie assures.

•••

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr Frankenstein." JJ says as he looks down at the clump of gold that Kie tried melting down.

"Like you could've done better." She retaliates.

"I could've. I took a welding class." JJ argues.

"Oh yeah? When?" Kie crosses her arms.

"Okay, okay! Just give me the stupid gold." I snatch the gold out of JJs hand.