𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗶 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝘆 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗱

zia

We all decided to go back to John B's. I sat on the arm of the seat that Pope was sitting in, and JJ stood on the other side. Kie was inside using the bathroom and John B was off doing God knows what while we waited for him.

The porch was oddly quiet while all of us focused on our laps or our phones or fiddling with our nails.

Yes, I'm the one fiddling with my nails. No surprise there.

Every couple of seconds I'd glance around, seeing if John B was any closer, and about 70% of the time, I'd accidentally lock eyes with JJ. How? I have no idea.

Eventually, John B rounded the corner, coming back with someone new.

Oh shit.

It's Sarah Cameron.

I'd recognize those highlights anywhere.

I look over at Pope with worried eyes, and he just slouches down in his chair, eyes focused on the table.

"Guys, this is Sarah Cameron." John B says with a smile as the two walk up the porch steps.

I give a quick smile and look back at my nails, Pope nods his head, and JJ slightly waves.

Sarah gives us a kind smile and stands awkwardly next to John B.

"Oh, you can sit down." I suggest, seeing that she's obviously nervous to be around us. I would too if Kie hated me with a burning passion. She smiles and takes a seat on the outdoor couch.

Pope gives me a confused glance that I ignore.

"Hey, uh- John B?" I look away from the dusty porch floor and up at the freckled-brunette.

"Hm?" He hums.

"Does uh- Does Kie..." I start, my voice getting quieter and a bit more high pitch as I stretch out "Kie".

"No. Uh-uh." He quickly shakes his head no.

"Oh, this'll be fun." I mutter, bringing one knee up onto the arm of the couch and resting my head on it.

Soon enough, Kie emerges from the house. 

"John B, you know that you're out of toilet paper, right?" She asks, completely oblivious to the scared Sarah Cameron on her best friends couch.

Kie turns around, now facing the two. Her face immediately drops.

"No effing way!" She shouts.

"Oh God." Pope mumbles, leaving back in the chair.

"You brought her here? So what, she's in on this now?" Kie immediately begins attacking while John B sits on his stool.

Kie looks over at Pope, JJ, and I, expecting an answer from one of us.

"I dunno." Pope shakes his head quickly.

I shrug my shoulders.

"Look, all I care about, is that her cut comes out of your share." JJ says calmly, clearly unfazed by whatever's happening.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote. This is our thing. A Pogue thing." Kie goes back to John B.

"I've gotta say, I'm just a tad bit uncomfortable woth all this." Pope admits to the group.

"When are you not uncomfortable?" John B shouts.

"I don't know, I rode here on the back of JJs bike pretty comfortably." Pope argues.

"It's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him." JJ shrugs.

"That's cute, guys." John B says annoyed.