𝘄𝗲 𝗱𝗶𝗱𝗻𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗿𝘂𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗳𝗮𝗿

pristine

"Teeny! Get down here!" My dad drunkenly shouts from down stairs.

"Coming!" I roll out of my bed and run down stairs. If I take to long, he'll be pissed.

"Yeah?" I say as I reach the living room.

He's laying across the couch, beer in one hand, tv remote in the other.

A very iconic position for him.

"Grab me another beer." He points to the kitchen.

He really just called me down from upstairs to grab him a beer when his fucking wife is already in the kitchen.

"Yep." I say disappointedly, dragging my feet to the kitchen, only to see my mom microwaving something.

"Hey, Teeny." She nods her head to my direction.

"Hey." I kneel down and grab a beer out of the fridge drawer. I close the door and stand back up, being faced with all of the magnets on the refrigerator door.

Photos from years ago, all the way up to today were scattered all over it, sticking on by the alphabet magnets.

A photo of me and some friends at a sleepover, mom and dads wedding photo, a Christmas picture at grandmas, and my personal favorite, the iconic picture of Addy and I. The one with us standing on a pier in Bora Bora. The same one that was in the locket I gave her right before she left.

God, I miss her. Everyday I regret not going with her. I wonder where she is. She told me she was leaving to New Orleans, but that seems a bit to far. Personally, I think she went to North Carolina. She's always loved that place. She had all of theses pictures put up in her room of the beaches and stuff.

I stared at the picture for a while, reminiscing on the good times Addy and I had.

"Teeny!" I heard my dad shout from the living room.

"Y- yeah! Coming!" I snapped out of my little trance, and began to head towards the living room.

I handed dad the beer, and he snatched it back with aggression, causing me to slightly flinch.

"The hell took you so long?" He said as he opened the beer.

"Sorry." I say quietly and shrug my shoulders.

"Go on. Shoo." He lifted his hand and motioned me away from him.

I quickly left and went into the kitchen.

"Hey, mom?" I sheepishly ask.

"Yeah?" She says as she takes the TV dinner out of the microwave.

"Can I have that picture? You know, the one of me and Addy?" I point to the one on the fridge, hoping she'll allow me to have it.

She looks at the photo, and her expression falls.

Mom always tried to forget about Addy. So did dad. They didn't even like her when she was here, and now that she's gone? Well, let's just say that they wasted no time in turning her room into an office.