𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂

a/n:

Hello everyone!!

I'd just like to start off by apologizing for the last few chapters. Normally I'm very patient with my writing and won't publish anything until I'm completely happy with it, but that hasn't been the case with last couple of chapters. They were decently written, but definitely not my best work. I felt sort of pressured to post as often as I could. I WAS NOT PRESSURED BY ANY OF YOU GUYS SO DO NOT FEEL BAD IT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT!!!!! I think it was because that this was such a dramatic time in the story and I didn't want to leave any of you guessing for too long, so I published chapters just to give myself a little bit of closure.

I'm not happy with the last few chapters and may rewrite bits of it, but I swear that from this point on my writing will be much better and back to my high standards.

Thank you all for reading and voting and etc. It makes me happy knowing I have so many loyal readers that always vote and comment.

Oh also:

Zia is pretty much based on me, so the whole thing about her hating eye contact, is all me.

I cannot stand eye contact. Even if it's just like a quick glance, I hate it. I hate the way it makes me feel, I hate how confusing it is, I hate how many ways people can take it.

And because my friends now read this story, they have come to the realization that I do not like eye contact.

And now, almost every chance they get, they try and make eye contact with me.

And I want to shrivel into a ball and die.

Anyways, enjoy!!!!

•••

zia

JJ and I sat next to each other on the boat ride back. I guess Teeny had snuck some of dads cash into her backpack so we had enough to pay the fare.

I lean my head on JJs shoulder as the ferry pulls away from the dock, starting the journey to bring us back home. The two of us sit in the front row, no one blocking us from the beautiful view that was the morning sun shining brightly on the ocean water.

John B and Sarah sat beside us, Sarah being completely asleep on John Bs shoulder. Kie and Pope sat behind us, along with Teeny. Apparently Pope and her had sparked a conversation about Harry Potter.

Fun fact: Pope is a Ravenclaw.

The kind feeling of JJs skin against mine was one I could never get bored of.

I look up to see a waiter walking by with a tray full of some type of finger food. With a quick motion, JJ ducks down, hiding his face in the nape of my neck.

"Oh shit." He mutters.

I try not to laugh. "What are you doing?" I whisper, a faint smile on my face.

"See that guy over there." He carefully and barely nods his head in the direction of the waiter.

"Yes?" I say.

"I had a small run in with him when sneaking on the boat earlier. Is he gone yet?" He whispers, his hot breath sending goosebumps over my skin.

I watch as the waiter turns the corner to head to the bottom floor of the ferry, careful to not drop the tray full of food.

"Yeah, he's gone. Now move." I lightly shrug my shoulder, causing his head to lift up carefully.

He grins. "I don't know, I kind of like it here."