𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗮𝗳𝗲𝘁𝘆, 𝗺𝗮𝘆𝗯𝗲

jj

I wake up to the scent of hibiscus and saltwater, for Z's head was resting right under my chin, with my arm wrapped around her waist.

She slept so peacefully. The way her brown hair fell so perfectly around her face, her tiny tiny freckles that could only be seen if you were so close, the way her nostrils slightly flared when she inhaled.

She was perfect. Z was perfect. Z is perfect.

No. Stop, JJ. There's a rule. And that stupid bet was just that, a stupid bet. That I'll probably lose.

John B was right, this probably won't end well.

But, it's worth a shot.

I watch as Zias eyes lightly flicker, with a strand of hair falling in front of her face.

I lightly and slowly move the strand back behind her ear. I smirk at the thought of Z and I being together.

My thoughts are interrupted by a vibration against my leg.

I groan quietly as I reach down the blankets to my pocket, pulling out my phone.

Message
JB: come 2 the chateau

I look down at Z, not wanting this moment to end.

I open the message.

come 2 the chateau

       just us?

ya

I groan as I read.

       alright, b  right there

I set my phone down and turn to Z.

"Hey, Z." I whisper.

She quietly groans as she digs her face into her pillow further.

She wasn't a morning person.

I let out a chuckle.

"I've got to go." I tell her.

"Where?" Her words muffled through the pillow.

"John B's." I answer.

She groans into her pillow louder.

"You can't say 'no' to that, can you?" She asks, already knowing the answer.

"Nope. Come on, scoot over and let me out." I was sleeping in the side against the wall, so Z had to move in order for me to get out.

"Nuh-uh. You're not going anywhere, this is really comfy for me." She lifts her head up from her pillow and placed it on my arm that was lying across her pillow.

I laugh at her command. I didn't want to leave, but it was for John B.

"Come on. Z." I beg her.

A few seconds go by, and she eventually throws off her covers and climbs out of bed.

I slide out of bed and walk over to my back pack which was lying on her floor.

I dig through it to find my navy blue, button up shirt.

"Oh, shit." I hear Z mumble.