𝗮𝗻𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝘁 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘁

zia

"No service. No power. Great." John B said as he clicked his phone off, the sound of his voice waking me up.

"Yo, JJ, you've been outside?" John B asked as he approached the pull-out bed JJ was half asleep on.

"I have polio, bro. I can't walk." JJ spoke into his pillow.

I scoffed. I got up to go outside and see the damage the good old Agatha had done to the place.

"Oh shit." I say as I walk out the door.

A ginormous tree had fallen over, barely missing the house by an inch.

"That's not good." I heard John B say.

I stood on the porch, looking at the mess that laid in front of the Château.

I watched as JJ walked out of the house and down the steps with a beer in hand.

"A little early for drinking, don't you think?" I asked sarcastically.

"Never too early." He replied, raising his beer to the sky.

"Agatha did some work, huh?" JJ asked.

"Yeah she did." John B said, looking out at the ocean.

"What're you thinkin'?" JJ asked.

"I'm thinkin' that storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze. All those drum are gonna chase the crab."

"No, no. We can't today. You have that thing with DCS, remember?" I reminded him, not wanting him to get into trouble.

"Nah, they're not getting on a ferry. Come on, think about it. It's God telling us to fish."

John B eventually persuaded me to go fishing, even though I wanted to sleep for at least another hour.

~

"Sure hope Guffys' boat didn't sink, he doesn't have insurance." JJ said, looking out at the docks.

"Yeah." John B replied.

"Oh look, Miss Amy." I said, motioning my head towards the lady who stood at the end of a dock, shoving things into trash bags.

"Hey Miss Amy, you guys get through it?" John B yelled to the lady.

"Still here!" Amy replied, as she shot a quick look at the rest of the passengers on the HMS Pogue.

"She totally looked at me." JJ said arrogantly.

"I saw." John B was feeding JJs' cockiness.

"Don't encourage it, John B." I yelled, making sure he heard me.

JJ scoffed and John B chuckled.

"Dude, look at this place." JJ said, looking out at all of the houses that were trashed and the trees that were blown over.

"Agatha, what did you do?" John B asked.

JJ whistled and said "She is one crazy lady."

"We'll be cleaning this all summer." I said annoyed.

"This is my nightmare." John B replied.

"Is she gonna hit South Carolina?" I asked, hoping that the answer was no.

"I think its heading that way, so possibly." John B replied, keeping his eyes ahead of him.

"Shit." I mumbled.