𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝗺𝗲𝘀𝘀

zia

"That bread had mold on it, three days ago." John B tells JJ while he makes a sandwich.

JJ was making his moldy sandwich while I was sitting up on the counter.

You'd think I wouldn't want to be near him after everything, but I didn't. Don't get me wrong, I'm still pissed, I just don't really want him to go.

"I'll just pull off the bad parts." JJ shrugs.

"That's fucking disgusting."

"Plus, mold is good for you. It's like, a natural organism." He said as he folded the sandwich.

"Didn't you fail Science?" I ask him.

He looks up at me with a surprised expression, as if he was shocked I willingly spoke to him.

I'm shocked too, buddy.

"U- uh. Does a D- count as failing?" JJ cocked his head at me and joked.

"JJ, Zia!" Kie yelled from the dining table.

"Yup, yup, yup. Hot damn, let's do it." JJ runs into the dining room while I hop off of the counter.

I stood looking over John Bs shoulder, standing right next to JJ.

JJ bit into his sandwich, and gagged. He spit the sandwich back into his hand and threw it away.

"Told you." I say, not looking up from the un-opened package that led on the table.

Ignoring my comment, John B begins to open the package, carefully removing the sticky part.

JJ comes up from behind me and wraps his arm around my waist, causing my lower back to become warm. I feel like I'm melting in his touch. This isn't the normal feeling.

Yes, it was normal for JJ and I to be touchy, it was our language. Yes, he always wraps his arm around my waist. No, I wasn't expecting him to do it now. And no, I don't think he realized what he was doing.

JJ quickly retracted his hand and put it back into his pocket, causing my lower back to be hit by a breeze emitted from the fan, sending shivers down my spine.

"Sorry, force of habit." He quietly whispers into my ear, keeping from everyone else hearing.

"No, it's fine. I didn't mind." I shrug, hoping he'll put his arm back.

He wraps his arm around my waist again and pulls me in, but not as confident as before. This time, it was slow, almost as if he was afraid.

I rest my head on his chest, sending him reassurance. I can instantly feel him loosen up from his tense state, and rest his chin on my head.

Yes, I was still mad. But something about JJ being so close, it just made me forget about everything.

My eyes skimmed over the map that he had pulled out and spread across the table.

"Holy shit." John B mumbles as his eyes go over the map and all of its markings.

"X marks the spot." Pope says as he points to the small X on the map.

"Longitude, latitude." I say, pointing towards the numbers on the map.

"Wait, there's something else in here." John B sticks his hand back into the package, and pulls out a tape recorder.

"What's that?" JJ asks.

"It's a tape recorder, dumbass." Kie states, almost annoyed that JJ even asked.