𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆

zia

zia

After about a few more seconds, the group began to grow worried.

"That's it. I'm going in." I said, sliding off my denim shorts, growing more and more impatient.

"He's fine." JJ assured, not looking away from the water.

"If he's so fine then why has he been down there so long?" I asked with an attitude.

"Probably because he's still looking at the damn boat. What? Can you not last forty seconds without John B right by your side?" JJ smirked, finally looking up from the water, locking his blue eyes onto my brown ones.

Even with his beauty there to distract me, I still felt myself growing angry.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, that's when I heard John B emerge to the surface. I released a breath I didn't even realize I was holding, running back over to the front of the boat.

"Oh thank God." I mumbled.

"Oh my God. That took forever!" Kei shouted at John as he swam back towards the boat.

"Any dead bodies?" Pope asked intuitively.

"Looting potential?" JJ said as John B pushed his body up and onto the boat.

"Something I can whack JJ over the head with?" I asked, sticking my arm out to help John B up.

JJ gave me a quick glare and focused back onto John B.

"No, no, and no." John said, answering all of our questions.

"But... I did find this motel key." John said, holding up a key with some sort of green attachment.

"You were down there for God knows how long and all you found was a key?" I asked flatly.

"Great. We salvaged a motel key." JJ said, throwing up his hands and turning his hat around.

John B walked to the other side of the boat and threw on his shirt.

Although it was a boring find, it could lead to something incredible. I'm usually not a spontaneous person, but this sounded fun. What if we go see what was inside of the motel room and it changed our lives forever?

Fuck it.

"I say we go look." I blurted without thinking.

I immediately regretted it.

Holy shit. Bad idea. Take it back.

But it was too late.

John B already had a huge smile on his face and JJ was already grinning.

"Zia, are you insane? What has gotten into you? You don't take risks, remember?" Pope deadpanned.

I scoff.