𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗶𝗲

I've literally been so excited to write the Midsummers chapter 😭

zia

I slap my hand over my mouth in shock, and in an attempt to stay quiet. I practically throw myself against the cinder block wall behind me to avoid being seen, and tears begin to stream down my face.

*flashback*

I walked down the stairs to open the front door. My hand reaches out for the handle before my dad yells.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He shouts from his drunken state.

"Opening the damn door." I shout back.

I've never had respect for my father. For multiple reasons.

I probably should start acting like I do, though. It would be a hell of a lot safer for me.

"Excuse me?" He yells, I hear him pushing himself off of the couch and begin stomping towards me.

Shit.

"You heard me." I say back. I really don't know when to quit.

He walks right in front of me, our toes practically touching, and he raises his fist. His knuckles coming in contact with my temple. I groan in pain as I hold my hand over the spot he hit, attempting to ease the pain.

"Get to your damn room." He spits, pushing me out of the way so he can open the door.

"Gladly." I say back, tears pushing against the back of my eyes. I stomp up the stairs into my room, and shut the door.

I look in my mirror, only to see the spot where he hit me already bruising up.

"Fucking perfect." I mutter.

*end of flashback*

I can hear Luke screaming at JJ.

"Thirty- thousand- dollars!" He says between punches.

"Do you know what you did to me?!"

I couldn't move. I was just frozen there. Frozen yo against the wall, watching JJ get hit over and over again.

Hit after hit after hit. JJs head hanged against the window with each blow, more and more blood splattering all over it.

I eventually got up the strength to move, and began running. Running down the street. Running to God knows where. Maybe I'll go to Macy's. After all, Midsummers is tonight.

•••

"Zia, is that you?!" I hear Macy yell the second I step through the door.

Jasper comes running out of the hallways and around the corner, his paws sliding in the hardwood floors as he does.

"No, I'm a robber here to take your sewing machine!" I joke and set down my shit and walk down the hall to where her voice came from.

And yet again, she was in her work room.

"Oh, perfect! I just finished your dress! Go, go put it on!" Macy hands me the bundled up deep red cloth, and shoos me away towards my bedroom.