ix. unity day

unity day; ❛ RULES ❜ ↷ the hundred❝ you deserve some fun ❞

❝ you deserve some fun ❞

To say that Marcus Kane was an absent father would be the understatement of the century

To say that Marcus Kane was an absent father would be the understatement of the century. He was never home often, even before his wife's death. But after signing her life sentence, he couldn't bear to look his own daughter in the eyes anymore. He tried to mask it all by mentioning her choice of friends and the rumors about her sleeping around with a few cadets. By judging everything she did. Truth is, it was all just to hide the huge amount of guilt in the pit of his stomach. Unfortunately, his daughter didn't see that. How could she? He never showed any trace of guilt or gave her comfort. Every time she looked at him, she only saw hatred burning in his eyes, not knowing that it was hatred for himself. Because of what he did and what he kept doing repeatedly: pushing her away even more every time he opened his mouth and told her how big of a disappointment she was. He didn't even think about the fact that he would never see his daughter again after she got arrested so he didn't hold back when they reached her cell.

"You really think mom would be so delighted by her beloved husband arresting his own daughter?" Gabriella asked bitterly, still shaken up about what happened a few hours prior but she didn't let him see that. Turns out the guard was in his office when she and John burned it so they were not locked up for just arson, murder too. "I guess you finally found the perfect excuse for getting rid of me. The useless daughter of the well-respected council member, Marcus Kane, getting floated for setting a guard's office on fire with him in it." She rolled her eyes and deadpanned. "Scandalous."

"After your mother's arrest, you have been acting like nothing more than a spoiled brat." Her father growled in anger and ignored her harsh words, "Spending time with delinquents and breaking the rules, making me have to bail you out, just so you can get attention. But now? There's no going back from this. You acted out of impulse and anger. You let it control you. So now you are going to have to face the consequences. Believe it or not, I am doing you a favor."

The teenage girl scoffed in disbelief which was followed by a cold chuckle. "Doing me a favor? You're sentencing me and my best friend to death, just like you did to mom. Do you even know why she was arrested?" When he responded with nothing but silence she pointed an accusing finger at him. "Of course not because you never bothered to ask. You just led her straight to that chamber and floated her. She was pregnant you selfish piece of shit-"