iv. many happy returns

many happy returns; ❛ RULES ❜❝ It's a good thing you havethe hundred now ❞

❝ It's a good thing you have
the hundred now ❞

It wasn't a big secret Gabriella Kane had trust issues (thanks dad) but right now, as she and the rest of the group were walking towards the village that allegedly had her people held captive, she was more than a little skeptical

Of course she wanted to find her friends and the rest of the hundred but the whole situation they were in seemed sketchy. None of them had proof the grounder was lying and why wouldn't he be? He thought he was saving his own life by telling them the location of the village and that just backfired.

"Everyone, eyes peeled. We're in grounder territory." Bellamy ordered, walking besides Gabriella quickly, his rifle tightly in his hands.

"Everything is grounder territory." Murphy snapped and Gabriella could feel his gaze on the back of her head. "I can't keep running, all right? We don't even know if the guy Finn killed was telling the truth."

The group came to a stop when Finn turned to Murphy with his jaw clenched and he took a threatening step forward. He gripped his shoulder and tugged him forward. "Keep moving."

When Murphy almost fell over, Gabriella felt exhaustion take over her body and her mind. "Spacewalker, give him a minute."

"No, we can't." Finn snapped, turning to look at Gabriella desperately. "You heard what that grounder said: They'll outlive their usefulness."

"He said that while you held him at gunpoint." Gabriella growled, glaring at the boy. "He could be bluffing... lying to get out of the life or death situation we put him in just because he found Clarke's watch. The watch that could've easily fallen off her wrist during battle."

"You think I wanted to hold a gun to his head? He would've told his people we're coming. And by the time we got there, our people would be dead." Finn asked, looking at Wells for support, but the youngest Jaha had been avoiding his gaze since they left the bunker.