iv. murphy's law

murphy's law; ❛ RULES ❜ ↷ the hundred❝ I love him ❞

❝ I love him ❞

A fifteen year old Gabriella was sneaking around the Ark library after closing hours and looked around when she heard footsteps behind her and stood up straighter, rushing to hide behind a bookshelf

She quickly grabbed a book and hit whoever it was without a second thought. The unfamiliar person let out a groan of pain, grunting. "Remind me never to sneak up on you."

The young blonde pointed the flashlight in her hand at the figure to reveal a boy that looked her age with bright blue eyes, rubbing his forehead at the spot she hit him.

"Who the hell are you?" she asked, quiet rudely, not bothering to tippy-toe around it.

"I think I should be the one asking questions. Aren't you Marcus Kane's kid? What are you doing in the library so late?" the boy asked, tilting his head tauntingly. "Don't tell me you're studying."

"Answer my question first. Who the hell are you?" she repeated with narrowed eyes, making him smirk in amusement.

"My name's John Murphy but everyone calls me Murphy."

"Well, John, what do you want?"

Murphy shrugged, raising an eyebrow, "/ was just wondering what a girl like you was doing in a place like this so late at night."

"A girl like me? What? You think it's already past my bedtime?" Gabriella bit back, making him chuckle and step closer.

"I just wanna know why you put that book straight in your bag."

"Why are you so nosy?"

"Just curious." he hummed, observing her closely, like he was trying to figure her out.

Gabriella rolled her eyes. "Well, it's none of your business. So how about you head back home and ignore this ever happened?"

Murphy raised an amused eyebrow, "Are you gonna tell me your name or should I just keep calling you gorgeous in my head?"