xi. the calm

the calm; ❛ RULES ❜ ↷ the hundred❝ there's a first time for everything ❞

❝ there's a first time for everything ❞

It had been almost a week since the bomb destroyed the bridge and there was still no sign of the grounders coming

It had been almost a week since the bomb destroyed the bridge and there was still no sign of the grounders coming. Everyone knew that it was too good to be true, that the bomb only made the declaration of war more obvious. That was why Bellamy insisted he and Miller taught more delinquents how to use guns.

The grounders were coming, and they needed to be ready when they did.

For Gabriella this week has been nothing but stressful. She was either ordering stuff along camp or keeping watch and when she was not doing that she could not sleep. She tried to pretend it did not have anything to do with the inability to sleep inside of a tent with her cot right next to Murphy's - who kept ignoring her for a reason she was yet to figure out.

The cold shoulder he was giving her confused the shit out of her. When he came back, they had their sweet reunion followed by her constantly defending him against Bellamy, but after that...nothing.

He would come to the tent before her and pretend to be asleep when she got there (which he was not as subtle about as he thought he was( and he would not be there when she woke up most of the time.

Gabriella tried to talk to him, of course, but he did not budge. Maybe it had something to do with the huge amount of guilt she saw almost every time she looked at him, but she did not know what he was supposed to feel guilty about.

"First watch is over. Go relieve Monroe on the south wall. Keep your eyes open."

The Kane tore her eyes from the forest she was looking at when she was spacing out and turned around to see Bellamy giving a delinquent named Sterling a gun and dismissing him. When Sterling walked away, Bellamy flickered his eyes up and to where Gabriella was standing. A ghost of a smile appeared on his face and he swiftly made his way by her side, he looked in the same direction she was looking at before.

"Anything?" He asked curiously, his eyes flickering to the gun visible in the waistband of her pants momentarily before they connected with her blue eyes again.