𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

General Brewster closed the door of her office violently after getting inside. She wasn't in a good mood. The lady walked to her black desk and placed her briefcase on the table before sitting in her comfortable chair. The Alchemist didn't even feel like drinking black tea like she usually did.

Then she noticed the pile of paperwork she had in front of her. Her mood got even worse. But she had to work, so she did.

When the General was about to begin reading the first page of one of the documents, her phone rang. She pinched the bridge of her nose with frustration before answering the call.

'Yes,' she spoke clearly upset.

'I'm sorry to disturb you, General,' the officer on the other side of the line whom Brewster recognised as Major Armstrong apologized. 'I just received a report regarding the Scar case. There are suspicions that he is in Central again.'

The lady's blue eyes changed when she heard the news. Why couldn't that man just give up and let go of his lust for revenge?

'Come to my office now,' she ordered. 'With the report.'

In less than five minutes, Major Armstrong was at Brewster's office with the documents she had asked for.

'So, he really is here,' the General concluded after reading the report. 'He must have been hidden somewhere and now that he's recovered from that incident in Marl River, he decided to resume his plan.'

'We must do something about him,' Armstrong who was sitting at the General's desk commented.

The lady remained silent for a while thinking about what could be done about the situation.

'I'm going to call an emergency meeting with all the State Alchemists,' she decided. 'I want every single alchemist in the small room at ten o'clock sharp.'

The blond major got up and spread the information by calling several of the Central units.

When it was almost ten, General Brewster went to the room. She rather arrived early than late. As expected, the room was empty when she walked in, but soon someone arrived. It was the Flame Alchemist.

'Good morning, General,' he greeted with a smile as she saw the lady leaning against the big desk on the other side of the room.

'Good morning, Colonel,' she said as the male walked to the small drawer against the wall.

As usual, his name left the female's dark lips in a seductive way that always made him question her intentions towards him.

Then, the black-haired lady looked at her silver watch. It marked three past ten.

'I don't know why State Alchemists have a silver watch when they can't even use it,' Brewster expressed her annoyance towards the alchemists who were late which made the Colonel let out a small laugh.

The female stepped away from the desk and walked to the window to open it. After opening the window, she took a cigarette out of her pocket and grazed her fingers on her coat to create a flame. The Flame Alchemist paid attention to her every move. The flame she created remained burning until her finger reached the tip of the cigarette and lit it. It was like her fire was eternal. How could that be?

'That flame of yours is quite exquisite, General,' Mustang commented revealing his interest in the woman's techniques.

Brewster's icy eyes fixed in the Colonel figure leaning on the drawer on the opposite side of the room. That the perfect opportunity to get closer to him.

'It's not exquisite, Colonel,' she disagreed with Mustang as she walked across the room in the male's direction. 'It's just eternal, which means it only goes out if I want it to.'