𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

Scarlett opened her icy blue eyes with a long yawn.

'Good morning, General,' the lady heard a familiar voice.

'Good morning, Colonel,' she replied with a sleepy voice looking at the shirtless male that was sitting on the armchair in the corner of the hotel room.

'Did you sleep well?' Mustang asked with a friendly smirk.

'Like an angel,' Scarlett spoke while getting up.

The dark-haired female headed to the bathroom to take a shower. Before she passed through the door, Mustang told her he had gone to her room and had brought her bag with her clothes, so she could use them. Scarlett then noticed the bag next to the bed and went there to get her silk robe.

The lady didn't take too long in the shower, but she took long enough for Mustang to be able to call the room service and ask for some black tea that arrived right before she exited the bathroom with her silk robe on.

'Black tea?' Scarlett asked when she noticed the male pouring some tea into a cup.

The black-haired woman approached him, and he handed her the elegant cup of tea.

'No sugar?' the male asked looking at Scarlett as she took a sip of the hot drink.

'No sugar,' she smiled as her icy eyes travelled from his dark orbs to his torso. 'How's your wound?'

The worry in her eyes was genuine and somehow warmed Mustang's heart. His wound didn't hurt anymore unless he pushed himself, and the female knew that, but she still asked him about it. He appreciated that.

'It's alright,' he replied with a smile that the lady return.

Then, Scarlett continued drinking her tea. As she took a sip, she turned around and headed to the armchair where the newspaper was on. She bent down to get the newspaper.

'That tattoo on your tight,' the male spoke when Scarlett walked back to the table where the teapot was, 'is that the array you use to create an eternal flame?'

She took her eyes off the newspaper and looked at Mustang with an exciting expression. She liked to talk about alchemy, and she also liked to share those small details of her body.

'It is,' she smiled. 'I drew it some years ago... I wasn't very confident it was going to work, but it did!'

Mustang was curious to know more about the circle, so he asked the female how it worked. Scarlett explained every single detail about the transmutation array to him with a small smile on her dark lips. It was clear she loved alchemy more than anything else.

'What about those symbols?' the dark-haired man noticed the sentence above the beautiful array.

'Oh, it's an ancient tongue,' the lady spoke looking at her tight. 'It says "yesli yest' porokh, day ognya". It means "if there's gunpowder, give me fire". I got it tattooed before the war...'

A heavy silence settled between the two alchemists as Mustang thought about the female's words. The war was always a dark theme to bring to a conversation, so Roy decided to make their attention fall on Scarlett again and asked her about her Dark Alchemy array.

The lady extended her right hand so they could see the tattoo.

'Basically, what this does is materialize the dark matter around you,' she began pointing at a certain detail of the tattoo. 'Then, it generates something with that matter, and you can control it because you created it. You can make whatever you want with materialized darkness.'

'Any examples?' Mustang asked curiously.

The female smile and then place her cup of tea on the table next to them. Then, she touched the shadow of the cup, and the magic began. The small shadow left the table and rose into the air turning into a spiral.