𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

Scarlett buttoned the buttons of her black coat as she looked at her reflection in the mirror. She looked flawless as usual. Her big black curls framed her face perfectly while the dark red lipstick on her lips highlighted their beauty.

'Getting ready for work already, General?'

The alchemist turned around to face Mustang that was sitting on her bed. The male had just woken up.

'Not all of us can stay in bed all day, Colonel,' the lady teased knowing the Flame Alchemist could only stay in bed because he wasn't fit for work yet.

Roy got out of bed soon after Scarlett's words and got dressed as well. He was going to visit Havoc in the hospital. He was quite worried about his friends since he would probably never walk again.

'There's bread in that cupboard and butter in the fridge,' the blue-eyed female pointed at the wall cabinet next to her as she spoke. 'There's also tea,' she smiled.

Mustang made himself a simple breakfast and then got ready to leave the lady's home.

'I'll see you at Central Command, General,' he said before Scarlett opened the door for him.

'Don't forget you still can't work, Colonel,' the female warned.

'Don't worry,' the man spoke before giving Scarlet a kiss. 'Keep an eye out for them,' he then advised and left.

The Dark Alchemist left a while after Mustang, and she didn't go directly to Central. She had to buy Nyx some food and she wanted to get her a new bed. The female's little shopping spree made her arrive at work late in the morning.

The general walked inside Central in a determined way as usual. Her blue eyes were icy again and her expression stern. When she entered her office's hallway, a soldier came straight to her. He looked nervous.

'General Brewster,' the man saluted the female, 'Scar is back. There have been three casualties so far.'

'Fuck,' the general thought as she continued to walk to her office.

'I want all the reports on my desk,' the beautiful lady demanded.

'Colonel Henry Douglas has them,' the soldier informed a little afraid. 'Since you weren't here, the case was passed to him.'

'Excuse me?' an offended general spoke looking intensely at the soldier.

'It was the Fuhrer's orders,' the officer defended himself. 'Meanwhile, there was another murder on Caley Street. We don't know to whom we should hand the case since Colonel Douglas is already busy.'

Another murder and Scar's return. What a great way to start the week.

'Who's in charge of the Caley murders?' the Dark Alchemist asked opening the door of her study.

'Dorothy's murder has been handed to Major Kerr, Mary's to Colonel Darrow and Florence's is in Lieutenant Colonel Murray hands,' the sergeant informed as he watched the lady sit down at her desk.

'Why are they with different people?' the alchemist spoke pinching the bridge of her nose. 'And why isn't the Military Police taking care of this?'

'The most experienced personnel are working on finding Scar,' the male explained trying not to anger the lady.

'Great,' the alchemist said. 'You can leave now. I'll tell you what to do about the Caley murders after speaking to King Bradley.'

After those words, the two military members left the office and Brewster headed to the Fuhrer's room. She walked in without knocking as always.